Founded Religion Without a Pantheon

Browd

Dilettante
Administrator
Did a quick search and didn't see discussion of this on the various "how-many-different-ways-can-I-found-a-religion" threads.

Playing an Immortal game with Babylon, so I ignored shrines, etc. and made no effort to build faith (got 4 faith from a visit to La Venta). As I was building the university in my capital, the Celts enhanced, so I thought, well, that's that. But, I still wanted to build faith to buy a late-game GE with Order and/or late-game GSs, so I started throwing up shrines and temples and then I thought -- why not build Hagia Sophia and plant the GP to get SH-level faith accumulation?

So, when uni was done, started building Hagia Sophia. Out popped a GP and, to my amazement, it allowed me to found a religion, including picking a belated pantheon belief. And the best part is I got Messenger of the Gods, Ceremonial Burial and Feed the World (another great use for those shrines and temples).

I did not know you could do this. :D

There is a limit on the number of religions that are able to be founded. For example if there were 4 religions, and nobody else had a pantheon, the Celts enhanced but there was still 1 more slot for a religion.

interesting. i havent done that yet and im pleased to hear you get a pantheon with it. i will have to consider that religion strategy in future games.

There is a limit on the number of religions that are able to be founded. For example if there were 4 religions, and nobody else had a pantheon, the Celts enhanced but there was still 1 more slot for a religion.

When I did this, one more religion could still be founded, and two other civs had pantheons but had not yet founded religions before the Celts enhanced.

Curious whether a GP with the Liberty finisher would work the same as the GP from HG.

Curious whether a GP with the Liberty finisher would work the same as the GP from HG.

It does. So would a GP spawned from the Leaning Tower if you somehow got that far into the game with any religions left available (and without getting a pantheon).

interesting. i havent done that yet and im pleased to hear you get a pantheon with it. i will have to consider that religion strategy in future games.

ive done it twice, and did explain you can still get a pantheon, but only when you found a religion. the thread is probably long gone. but yea, thought it was neat as well

Actually it is better to get GE from Liberty and use him to rush build Hagia Sophia to get a free GP. This way you end up with an extra wonder. But yeah, it would also work.

When I did this, one more religion could still be founded, and two other civs had pantheons but had not yet founded religions before the Celts enhanced.

Top Bottom