France Tips

Doctor Doom

Warlord
I was looking to try a cultural victory as France, I've already done one as the maya, and Brazil. Brazil was WAAAAY to easy just start a carnival and tourism bomb every one and the Maya I just spammed Sacred Sites. I now fully understand themeing bonus (I feel so stupid! :lol: ) Cultural Victories are really not my strong suit but France looked like it might be fun. I tried once before but I lost both the Leaning tower and The Uffizi to the A.I. and rage quit. :mad: What tech path/build order/Policy Order/Ideology should I do? Is the UI worth it? And one more noob question, if I save 2 great artists then build the Uffizi and create 3 great works would they all be from the same era? Or is it when the artists are born?

Great works are always of the era they are created in, only the great musician tour is dependent on birth date. Chateaux are something you build once you get hotels, they really don't do much before that. The culture is awesome and all, but I'd rather work mines. Anyway, you still have the museum, the Hermitage, the Lourve (best one), Broadway, Sistine, probably another thing, so don't feel like you need to get all the great work slot wonders.

Freedom would be my go to choice for culture victory for media culture. Because, since when does the human player ever have more happiness than the AI? Certainly not against the culture leader, the guy with all those social policies and wonders that grant happiness.

Great works are always of the era they are created in, only the great musician tour is dependent on birth date. Chateaux are something you build once you get hotels, they really don't do much before that. The culture is awesome and all, but I'd rather work mines. Anyway, you still have the museum, the Hermitage, the Lourve (best one), Broadway, Sistine, probably another thing, so don't feel like you need to get all the great work slot wonders.

Freedom would be my go to choice for culture victory for media culture. Because, since when does the human player ever have more happiness than the AI? Certainly not against the culture leader, the guy with all those social policies and wonders that grant happiness.

Thanks man! I won turn 364 on standard emperor pangaea, not bad considering it was my first "true" cultural victory! :D besides what is the average victory time for CV? I assume sub-300.

France is pretty good. On emperor and below, laughably so. Just stack tourism wonders in your capital and finish aesthetics. On immortal, wonders are a bit tougher but still pretty doable, you just have to beeline them harder. Only on deity would I really be concerned with France, since it's hard to get wonders.

France is the best civ for the playstyle I used in this guide: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=507517

the only real change since the patch is don't go consulates, you can go for left side of patronage instead or straight into aesthetics.

if you follow this you should be able to get under 300 no problem (peacefully).

Sadly, I dont play France as much as I did before BNW. Its so hard to get Notre Dame and I like to role play.

My favorite game was a perfect French culture role play on immortal and I also captured London.

But for France, just stay small/tall and go tradition/aesthetics. Should be no problem, they are made for culture.

Sadly, I dont play France as much as I did before BNW. Its so hard to get Notre Dame and I like to role play.

My favorite game was a perfect French culture role play on immortal and I also captured London.

But for France, just stay small/tall and go tradition/aesthetics. Should be no problem, they are made for culture.

Yeah France used to be pretty top tier... But now not so much. The only wonders I really go for in a cultural game are the oracle (if I can finish it before turn 80), Leaning tower of Pisa, use the GE from Pisa to grab the uffizi, lourve and then finally I get the Eiffel tower if I have the tech lead.

they are absolutely top tier for culture vic.

It's just a different playstyle from G&K France, but still very good.

Top Bottom