[BNW] Free Floating Gardens are appearing in cities. How do I find the culptrit?

Galgus

Emperor
I use a ton of mods, including Cities of Marble that adds national wonders which give some free buildings in all cities.

But for some reason a free Floating Garden keeps spawning in my cities, even when sold.

Can logs find what is causing this, and what should I look for?

The Floating Garden is the building with an ID of 0 in the Buildings table, which means that, when the game tries to add an invalid building to a city, that building defaults to the Floating Garden.

I took a quick look through Cities of Marble and it looks like everything should be correct there, so the bug is probably caused by another mod changing one of the buildings that Cities of Marble references. Do you know offhand which National Wonders you'd built in the game where you've experienced this problem?

I tested it with multiple civilizations, and surprisingly adopting the Liberty opener causes it on the next turn.

I'm now trying to figure out what in my tangled nest of mods is changing the Libery tree.

I found the culprit mod: Civ IV Leader Traits in Civ V.

Still don't know why or if it can be fixed.

Given that I use a huge list of mods, it’s probably just an incompatibility bug.

Last edited:
Is it possible to change the ID number of the buildings ?

Technically yes but in practical terms: no.

Unless you really really really know what you are doing and are running a sandboxed total conversion mod with no other mods running it is a recipe for CTD and other craziness.

Top Bottom