Freedom's Foreign Legions?

Callonia

Deity
I've been wondering about this for some time now, if you grab them through the freedom's social policy.. And one of the foreign legion gets killed in a battle can you rebuild them from a city or is they lost forever? And what about that one now freed up maintenance free unit slot?

I know the unit is lost forever; I'm pretty sure you'll always have six unit's maintenance taken off though. If all your Foreign Legions are alive, this comes out even. If you lose them, or disband other stuff, you're making a profit.

No, you can't rebuild the foreign legions when you get them in the freedom ideology. If you want to rebuild troops that badly then why not try the mercenary social policy in the commerce social policy tree? You can purchase Landsneckts for cheap and make more troops that way...

Just to let people know that there is a low chance that Foreign Legions become part of a Militaristic City State gift unit.

I see, thank you all for answering my questions.

Just to let people know that there is a low chance that Foreign Legions become part of a Militaristic City State gift unit.

I like this feature, you are still able to get FL whitout the Freedom ideology. And these may be promoted when gifted, if the CS have the military buildings in. Don't know if they still offer Landskchets.

I actually have received them as gifts from CS. It was a pleasant surprise as I had not paid attention to what I would receive.

Top Bottom