• Radioactive Monkeys took over my computer

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I like chocolate.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aimeeandbeatles

watermelon
Which do you use?

Only freeware - this isn't some ideological choice, but I can't remember the last time I bought an application.

Note that the boundaries between freeware and commercial is rather blurred - I'd still call things like Opera and Microsoft's Visual Studio Express "commercial", even though they are free to download - but I counted them as free for the purposes of this poll. Also I have things which are not free to distribute (such as the DVD burning software that came with my drive), but I didn't have to pay extra for.

I also presumed this poll was just for applications - I do have some commercial games that I bought.

Commercial software is software you pay for. Includes shareware

Freeware is free, although I'll include 'lite' versions of other programs.

I use mostly open source software. While in theory it can be sold in practice it's typically always free in price so i vote use mostly freeware

Unless there's a significant advantage to have a commercial software I always pick freewares. Besides games the only commercial programs I'm using at the moment are Windows, Alcohol 120% and Poker Tracker(s).

Mostly Commercial (Games), but some freeware.

Windows license on half my systems, although even those are dual-boot. Pay for games, usually off ebay for games a year or so old, so cheap. Everything else FOSS.

I admit I forgot Windows - hmm, the problem is that including that means no one other than those who only use things like Linux will tick the first option. Although I have Windows which already came on the machine I bought, I've never (well, not in years) gone out and bought application software, so it's not really true either to say that I use the "occasional" commercial software.

I try to find freeware alternatives to commercial programs, and usually I can. As for games, most of my games are commercial. The only one that I can think of off the top of my head that isnt is OTTD

Between you, me, and the world, the only thing that convinces me to buy games is good multiplayer fun, in which case i need a genuine serial ;)

I don't care about the license or the availability of the source code. Just whatever app I like better and that goes either way.

Only freeware. I use Linux almost exclusively, and even on Windows I only use free (as in beer) apps.

I use a mix. Why do you have two (2) joke options?

Top Bottom