Raw Power

Chieftain
My first time on Civ Rev to do a OCC.

basic rules:
No declaration of war
No Settling of new cities (naturally)
No conquering of cities
No culture flipping of cities

Founded Paris one north-east of starting postion, but missed a starting resource in the "dead zone" of the fat cross :(

Built two warriors to scout the land and get barb villages and huts
Researched Alphabet
Built a library for science
Researched pottery
Started building a boat, but got one for free so switched to Granary
Researched writing -> literacy -> Irrigation
Used free spy to steal a great Artist which i Settled in Paris
My first GP was an explorer which i used to get quick gold for currency

AI:
Catherine of Russia, closest neighbor to the Wast
Tokugawa of the Japanese to the South-West
Hatsheput of the Egyptians to the South-West close to the Japanese
Shaka? of the Zulu to the North

None of the AI did any early expansion, my warriors lurking around them might have helped there.

I had gotten most techs as first, was the clear science leader.
(Engineering, Democracy, Monarchy, Invention)

My free units kept my territories safe, from artifacts i got Gold, Pyramids and just Atlantis was left.

Went for Navigation, Univeristy, Gunpowder, Steam, Metalurgy, Industrialization, Combustion, and so on.

Scientists except the first i used to research the most expensive tech, artists i was left with around 7-8 or so in the end, never got to use them for anything.

Oh yeah, i finished the spaceship around 1820, but started milking the game for max pop, future techs, all buildings etc. (I could also win by all except domination by 1860)

Bottom line is, i had no idea that it would be so easy to get a tech lead and keep it, and to defend myself. I did not even go outside my cultural borders except in the very beginning.

In the end by 2100AD i had like 20 Battleship groups, 10 bomber wings, 10 fighter wings, 10 howitzer armies, 20 tank armies, 15 spy rings, 5 Modern Infantry armies and some other left over scraps.

Gold was around 65k, and i had gotten to the 4th or 5th future tech.

Still i only got the 4th or 5th rank in the game end :(
And my spaceship was launched one turn to late i think, because in the end in 2100AD i didn't win tech as i thought i would (arrive 2100AD) but a domination victory, even though i didnt conquer any AI.

PS! The end game from around 2230->2100 was fun, in this "era" the AI had fighters, subs, howitser and so on, so was fun to fight a little :)

Up until around 1950's the best things they sent against me was mostly Legions, and it was almost only Russia that attacked, the others sued for peace before reaching me.

Top Bottom