Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Ankka said:
But how about something that someone is looking for, like MarineCorps found some units for Wyrmshadow IIRC some time ago, which where old, like a year or two... :hmm:

Just saw this.

Actually it was for lawfreak but wyrm was the one who asked me to dig it up. :p ;)

I've tried acessing the old uploads folders via URL but all I get is a blank screen.

Also how do you make polls? i made a list, then clicked the 'poll option, but no poll. i check the rules page but (obviously) it wasn't there. i guess it was too basic, but i i can't figure it out!

When you make your "start the thread post" and click the poll option, the poll building screen will show up after you submit the post.

Not really. You can show it in Printable Version though, and go to File -> Save As and save it...or just Print it.

edit: Or, like MC said, "Download It"...it puts it in a .txt though, so the two options you have are similar.

What's with the seemlingly frequent "hiccups" that slow or prevent posting or page loading? This "enhancement" appears to be a feature of the the latest upgrade. :confused:

Slow pages is probably just your connection but I have noticed that pages do sometimes just display the background colour and then make no more loading progress. It rarely happens though./

Dell19 said:
Slow pages is probably just your connection but I have noticed that pages do sometimes just display the background colour and then make no more loading progress. It rarely happens though./
I see the background display you mention some, but that's not what I'm talking about. I have a DSL connection. I'm seeig failure to connnect messages and sometimes it takes 3-5 minutes or more to resolve. It never crashes my browser (opera), I just have to come back and repost or reload the page later.

By connection I was also helpfully including the connection from you to the server that CFC is running on...

Er, how come when i try downloading a thread all i get is this mysterious file type which i can't open?

Dell19 said:
By connection I was also helpfully including the connection from you to the server that CFC is running on...
OK, but what does that mean? Beyond my DSL, I don't know what other "connection" there might be. Pardon my ignorance and thanks for your helpfulness.

It doesn't mean much other than there might be a problem between CFC and you rather than a problem with either you or CFC.

I have a suggestion to the FAQ, can you also add the tags like the lurker tags for instance (and other tags that we are allowed to use)

The Last Conformist said:
I'm sure if Dell19's avatars were animated many an argument wouldn't have been as heated and focused ...

They are animated...

For the last two days, the smilie panel has not been working for me; any ideas why? When I click on one, nothing happens and I have to type it in manually.

Top Bottom