• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Kinda sorta maybe possibly not really. :p It depends on your definition of cussing. You can say stuff like "heck" or other dulled versions, but if you're going to go to the big guns, you have to do it like the comic pages do: @%#&^ Also, no using characters that are similar to the letters you are replacing.

"Heck" isn't a curse by any definition:p"

Words like da.... and (Donkey) are allowed in the ordinary forums I think though, and those ARE curse words.

Its the more extreme words that aren't allowed.

That said, I don't curse ever, including on this forum, shows how conservative I am....:mischief:

We usually create opportunities to partake in such activities behind a facade of 'discussing the inappropriate language rules'.

Is it against site rules to post on the forum asking for places and links to download stuff, such as airplane or spacecraft models for non-civ programs?

Is it against site rules to post on the forum asking for places and links to download stuff, such as airplane or spacecraft models for non-civ programs?
As long as it isn't illegal, I think it's fine. That said, the staff would know better than me.

Well it depends on what you're asking... There are freely available models. But asking for warez or copyrighted music probably would be against rules.

Without having any knowledge what this is about: What the 2 above said. If it was posted in a civ subforum, then it should be moved to...probably computer talk, i guess.

Hi, can somebody please tell me what the limits are until the PM function is activated? I mainly come here to discuss some mods, but also want to send some messages to old friends, so I might not make many posts in the next time.

Cheers
Tril

You could visit this thread Lost PMs and need them? or wait until you have five posts and been here for five days. This was done to stop Spambots from joining and mass PMing people and annoying a lot of people.

I use the Quick Links to open and read my Subscribed Threads. I was hoping that when I subscribed to a sub-forum, namely Civ3 - Hall of Fame Discussion, that new posts and new threads from that forum would all appear in my Subscribed Threads. No luck. Suggestions welcome.

Can't be done. Best you'll get is a link to the subforum in your My Account page, where you can also view Subscribed Threads.

if you have specific subforums you want to know the newest posts in you can also use a bookmark to the search.php, e.g. this:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/search.php?do=getdaily&days=14&f=76&showposts=1

will show all the most recent posts (up to 14 days old) in order in the civ3 HOF forum and even provide a divider below which all posts were before your last visit...

Has there ever been a case where someone broke the rule and then reported themselves because thye felt bad?

Also, if you were the OP, you can't delete the thread.. that's caught me out once.

Top Bottom