[NFP] Frontier Pass

I requested a refund from Steam and received it within the hour. It least Steam has some integrity in their business practices.

I stopped playing CIV when the full screen bug showed up, I was eagerly awaiting this patch. The fact that they did not fix it after these many months is proof they care little for Mac users. CIV was once my favorite game, I now doubt I will ever play it again.

Since we did get a small patch the other day, do you know if that patch implemented Forest Fires and Meteor Showers / the changes that were made to the vanilla game for Windows?

Had been really looking forward to this. So disappointing. But much worse if the complete lack of communication about this.We were given a false promise, made purchase decisions based on it (I have since refunded and recommend every other mac user does the same), and now there's near-complete silence beyond a completely meaninigless 'soon'.

Unnacceptable. I'm not sure I'll even buy the pass now after how badly they've handled this.

They're still acting like they don't have competition in the historical 4x space. But Humankind is coming up and frankly Amplitude has a much better track record of porting to Mac. Also I hope Old World is released for Mac once it reaches its final dev stage. On top of all that, Crusader Kings 3 comes out in a few months. You'd think Firaxis and Aspyr would be worried about all of this and maybe try to step up their game, but no...

@dshirk, @AspyrRyan, I just saw the post made by Aspyr that states that they are working on the release and that it will be coming soon (https://twitter.com/AspyrMedia/status/1263835357826756608). As much as I appreciate the post, could you help us understand why can't we receive transparent and open communication about what happened? The NFP release was advertised including Mac release as you can see below. I believe you are sensible people that could understand how frustrating is to be promised something and not get it, especially when you have paid for i. But it is most frustrating when you do not engage in open communication and treat us like children and with the silence treatment. Where is that showing the respect you have for "the best fans in gaming"? Please, we do expect a better explanation than just saying it is coming soon.

upload_2020-5-22_16-3-9.png

upload_2020-5-22_16-4-3.png

I can only assume the relevant community/account managers have been forbidden from discussing this given the complete silence. Either that or they're completely incompetent, and I don't think that's the case.

Thats an absolutely crazy position for a company to take though. Its been crazy with the metal bugs that have gone unpatched too. Like once a month updates saying something like "we acknowledge this is still an issue, we are doing our best to solve it" is far better than our shouting into the void. Sometimes people think that not responding to people instead of giving bad news is better -- it absolutely is not.

Firaxis may not be allowing them to fix the bug, as it changes the checksum and makes online play unavailable. And they may have strict guidelines and NDAs keeping them from doing any updates not approved by firaxis.

Well the weekend's passed and as far as I can tell there's been no communication from anyone about when things are gonna be fixed?

It's a holiday weekend in the US, so I wouldn't expect anything to really happen today. Tomorrow, the Aspyr folks should be back at work, so optimistically...

Took the day off work as I always do on Civ releases. That did not work out... The lack of communication is stunning.
A date for the release would help, or a sign that it is days or weeks away.

I enjoy playing Civ VI on my iPad. I hope it doesn’t take too long to get the iPad version.

This is how to fix this. In-house porting or someone else.

And it is reprehensible that they do not communicate. What is wrong with these people that they do not just say what is going on and adore leaving people in the dark after they advertised that it would be out. This is on Firaxis and on Aspyr. @AspyrRyan, @dshirk, please release an explanation. We do deserve one. Stop treating us Mac users like this, please.

I sometimes wonder if these sorts of things are executive decisions that, when they result in problems for the game which convince Mac users (in this case) to not buy the game, they can say, "See? We can't sell enough copies to make money on this" and give themselves an "excuse" to stop porting to the Mac (or other platforms) entirely.

They released a non-update on Reddit, but I supposed a non-update is better than nothing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/gr7wuh/quick_update_on_maya_gran_colombia_pack_on/

But that’s my point. Why do we have to settle for better than nothing? And look what he says, "We want to make sure we deliver the best experience”. Is this what they mean by best experience? Are we having the best experience? Not saying much, not apologizing, not acknowledging? Someone has their values and perception absolutely messed up.

But that’s my point. Why do we have to settle for better than nothing? And look what he says, "We want to make sure we deliver the best experience”. Is this what they mean by best experience? Are we having the best experience? Not saying much, not apologizing, not acknowledging? Someone has their values and perception absolutely messed up.

Best experience? I have had a horrible experience ever since they broke Full Screen in the Fall. So bad, in fact, that I have not played the game since! I would have been OK waiting on the Frontier Pass content, but not being able to play on Full Screen after all these months is totally unacceptable. They should have released a patch for this problem months ago!

A few more thoughts. I don't mind having to wait longer for new content, but what I have issues with is game breaking bugs that go unaddressed for months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom