Frustrated...

vyvianarygos

Warlord
How the hell do you edit the sound files for this game? They said they added support for sound modding but I haven't been able to find anything as far as a application that does this or find the individual sounds. I have the programs needed to edit existing mp3's and wav. forms all I want to do is add background noise to the existing unit sound effects or change the sounds they make when attacking. The way I did this in previous games was to just edit the sound wav. file to produce the desired effects. Now I can't find any of the unit sound effects in the game folders and I am getting really frustrated.

Moderator Action: Moved to the main forum, where questions should be posted.

It looks like its up to you to be the first to figure this out. There are audio scripts located at <your Game Folder location>\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\Sounds\XML as well as the Expansion DLC folders
I also found this in one of the folders.
Sound XML folder

These XML files control the sound system FireSound, which sounds are loaded, and how.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- AudioParams.xml --

General purpose, rarely modified Audio parameters.

-- AudioDefines.xml --

Sound "defines". Makes an association between a physical file on disk, and a SOUND ID which you make up here. This controls how the sound is loaded (at startup, when needed, or streamed)

For example, here you can say "the SOUND ID named SND_ARCHER_FOOT is the file archerfoot.wav"

-- Audio2DScripts.xml, Audio3dScripts.xml --

2D and 3D sound "scripts". The working units for sound in the game. Typically the game won't
play "a wav file" or an "mp3 file" but a sound script, as defined in these files. In this file you make
an association between a SOUND ID (from AudioDefines.xml) and a SOUNDTAG (which you define here).

So for example, here you'd say "The soungtag AS3D_ARCHER_FOOT uses the sound Id SND_ARCHER_FOOT"

The game will call "AS3D_ARCHER_FOOT" directly.

-- AudioSoundScapeScripts.xml --

SoundScapes. A soundscape is a collection of SOUNDTAGS that play randomly at different times. Games
will usually trigger a "city" soundscape or "forest ambient" soundscape/etc.

There is also a check box for reload audio system in modbuddy now.
Good Luck!

Top Bottom