full PLE mod for BUG

BUG draw method doesn't show on the city screen.

fixed in r2183

I only took a quick look, but r2183 seems to have addressed this.

I don't usually use the white arrows in the city screen, but thought I'd take a couple minutes and play. I have an example in a city screen where if I CTRL click on the right arrow, the units advance by nine just fine. If I then CTRL click the left arrow, the arrows disappear and become unusable.

I'm hoping this is reproducible on your end. I have the save game, but it's tied to a DLL that uses BetterAI and Bull. It will take some time to get together the necessary files I would need to send you in order for you to be able to open the save. If you can't get CTRL clicks with the arrows to foul up on your own, I'll try to work something out with this save.

I have a save with 29 units (my screen holds 28 :)) so I should be able to add a few and see what happens.

Bit of an issue here when unloading transports. I had all the transports active and right clicked on that land square immediately to the right. All the units successfully unloaded, but you can see the plot list got a little mucked up. Clicking something else and then coming back fixed the problem.

I've also noticed some problems with drafting under Nationhood. I take a considerable performance hit, and when entering the city screen where the draft came from, I'll get two copies of the plot list, one right after the other. Again, cycling to something else and coming back seems to fix the problem. This is intermittent, and may have something to do with the currently-active unit being in the plot list that the draft is entering. I haven't been successful in coming up with the cause, I'll keep at it and try to get you more information. Just something you may want to mess around with.

Something else I need to check on. CTRL clicks don't seem to be working with units that are in transports. I always found it annoying to unload your units on land when all your transports are out of movement points (right clicking on land like I did above doesn't work when the transport is out of movement points). Bhruic told me long ago that this wasn't really possible to change, and was a flaw inherent in BTS. So the alternative, if you really want to make landfall that turn, is to manually highlight all the land units and move them onto the adjacent land plot. I would swear I used to just SHIFT-CTRL-click my way through a couple transports' units (which would highlight the bulk) and then just SHIFT-click the unique units. Now you have to start clicking every unit with just SHIFT clicks in order to unload them.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG
    303.1 KB · Views: 112
well - at least we are down to situations that are themselves confusing. Do you have a save with transport units involved?

A temporary solution to the transports may be to highlight the transports and click Unload so the units become active. Then ALT + Click the plot to select all units with movement points left and move them to the beachhead.

civ is particularly flakey when it comes to trying to select units with no movement points left ... anyone tried to select a stack of workers that are auto-resting in one of your cities?

I thought that the fix to allow you to issue orders to units with no movement points left was added to the UP, but alas that must not be the case. It would remember the order and issue it the next turn instead of having the unit(s) forget it. I think it's in Pep's New Sentry Actions mod, but I haven't updated to the latest because I rewrote the original and updating is a PITA after a rewrite. I would also like to get the feature that issues orders for new units sent to waypoints.

If only modders would write their stuff for BUG/BULL from the start! :mischief:

well - at least we are down to situations that are themselves confusing. Do you have a save with transport units involved?

I'll go back through the autosaves and check.

A temporary solution to the transports may be to highlight the transports and click Unload so the units become active. Then ALT + Click the plot to select all units with movement points left and move them to the beachhead.

I'll give this a try. I've always wondered why the unload button is available even when the transports are not near land. I understand if the transport is in a city, but otherwise what is the unload button supposed to be accomplishing? Always seemed pretty useless.

I've always wondered why the unload button is available even when the transports are not near land. I understand if the transport is in a city, but otherwise what is the unload button supposed to be accomplishing?

Ferrying. I think they may have changed this along the way, and I never cared to MM this hard, but you used to be able to ferry units across great distances using multiple transports in one turn. Or I'm thinking of a different game. :crazyeye:

Ferrying. I think they may have changed this along the way, and I never cared to MM this hard, but you used to be able to ferry units across great distances using multiple transports in one turn. Or I'm thinking of a different game. :crazyeye:

Ferrying works in this game. Transferring units from one transport to the other while at sea can be accomplished by simply loading the units onto the new transport, you don't have to unload first. The only use of the unload button (when the transport is the active unit) is when the transport is in a city (perhaps a fort as well).

In any event, there were a couple cases where those SHIFT and ALT clicks weren't working for me. Your idea about using the unload button seems to snap all the transported units out of the problem. Thanks.

I've also noticed some problems with drafting under Nationhood. I take a considerable performance hit, and when entering the city screen where the draft came from, I'll get two copies of the plot list, one right after the other. Again, cycling to something else and coming back seems to fix the problem. This is intermittent, and may have something to do with the currently-active unit being in the plot list that the draft is entering. I haven't been successful in coming up with the cause, I'll keep at it and try to get you more information. Just something you may want to mess around with.

More information on this. I think I was on to something when I was talking about the currently-active unit being in the plot list when a new unit is added. I found this problem extends beyond drafting, since I just started a new game and I'm observing the same behavior when simply building units.

Consider the two screenshots below. In the first, the "#1 archer" was active from the previous turn. A settler was built since the last turn, but you'll notice the settler does not appear in the plot list (but there's three dots by the plot flag). I take a noticeable performance hit during this time as well: graphics/menu are choppy and slow to respond. You'll also notice that the scoreboard hasn't updated for this turn yet (read the worst enemy alerts).

Clicking on a different plot sometimes displays this new plot correctly, and other times shows some garbage (usually copies of the original plot list). Either way, clicking a second time back to the original plot yields the second screenshot. Notice the scoreboard has now updated. The only thing I did between screenshots is click the missionary and then click back to Beijing.

I first observed this behavior in the game when I met De Gaulle. I said we'll have peace but he never showed in the scoreboard. I knew something was wrong since his leaderhead was sluggish as well when we met. Clicking on some different plots snapped the game out of it, and he showed in the scoreboard.

So, I'm going to say that there's an issue when drafted / built units are added to the plot that was active the turn before.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    295.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    296.9 KB · Views: 105
The interface getting choppy means that there is an exception (error) happening repeatedly inside a loop. Please post your PythonErr.log file (or a section of it) so Ruff can take a look.

Clicking on a different plot sometimes displays this new plot correctly, and other times shows some garbage (usually copies of the original plot list).

Attached is the screenshot that chronologically goes in between the two above. This is when I click on the missionary. When I click back to Beijing (which is the second screenshot above) everything is fine.

The interface getting choppy means that there is an exception (error) happening repeatedly inside a loop. Please post your PythonErr.log file (or a section of it) so Ruff can take a look.

It certainly feels like that, it's what I figured.

I only have these files in the <\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs> folder:

init.log
PythonErr2.log
resmgr.log
xml.log

Did you mean PythonErr2.log?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
    315.6 KB · Views: 103
No, that won't have it. Please look at the Troubleshooting page in my sig. It has instructions for enabling the Python error logging system. You should have the file PythonErr.log (no 2) after that.

I hadn't used the logging in quite some time, thanks for the reminder.

As expected this repeats over and over:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 954, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1227, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1687, in updatePlotListButtons

File "CvMainInterface", line 1980, in updatePlotListButtons_BUG

File "BugUnitPlot", line 207, in Draw

IndexError: list index out of range
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

Yeah, looks like the list isn't long enough after the new unit gets added to the plot. A simple solution may be to reset the list and redraw the plot entirely at the start of the player's turn as if the player were selecting the stack for the first time. You'll pay a one-time performance penalty each turn, but the alternative is to update the plot list for all of the unit-based events.

I'll take a look at this. Seems like an error I should be able to reproduce.

Nothing earth-shattering, but I noticed that it doesn't have to be my units adding to the plot. Another civ moved an explorer into a city where the current unit was the active unit. Same thing. Guessing this comes up whenever the unit count on a plot increases between turns.

Guessing this comes up whenever the unit count on a plot increases between turns.

Exactly, and hopefully resetting and redrawing the selected plot in BeginActivePlayerTurn will solve it.

Top Bottom