• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Fungus Removal

ozu08865

Chieftain
Is there anyway beside the editor to remove the fungus from the game without crashing it? My policies arent planet friendly and Im tired of having to clear the same square every turn because on my base's eco damage. I tried to remove the fungus from my game thru the editor but it crashes the game when i try to edit a unit(weird?) and corrupts my save game. any ideas?

I think fungicidal formers can get rid of fungus, hence the name. You could just turn the fungus down to sparse with the settings.
EDIT: To remove fungus from the game? I didn't know that was possible.

Yea just turn on the editor and its under edit map-remove fungus. It clears all tiles of fungus but it still keeps growing if i have high eco damage, and like i said after i did that i cant edited units.

When you start the game you have some option as to the abundancy of native life.

I set it to rare, but i also play big maps like 150 x 150. Im tryin to figure a way to completely remove the fungus before i start a map.

To jury rig a fix to fungal pops you could alter the alphax.txt file. Move centauri preserves to the centauri ecology tech and change the cost to 1 row of minerals . After your first fungal pop, just get one base to build and scrap those and your clean mineral limit will be increased by one each time.

The computer doesn't seem to build the preserves anyway(except for deidre) and if they manage to build them the +1 lifecycle bonus isn't game changing.

Take a look at this article.

It doesn't require modifying your alphax.txt file.

After the first fungal pop, build tree farms, hybrid forests, centauri preserves or temple of planets. For everyone you build, your clean mineral limit increases.

Tree farms and hybrid forests also reduce the ecodamage caused by terraforming improvements at a base leaving only the ecodamage caused by mineral production, which you will eliminate as you raise the clean mineral limit.

Note a tree farm and a hybrid forest only affect the ecodamage caused by terraforming for the base they are in. But building a tree farm or a hybrid forest anywhere raises the clean mineral limit for all bases.

If you incorporate this strategy into the game, you can continue your current policies without having to constantly remove fungus.

The second post in this thread has some interesting ideas for mitigating, if not eliminating, the effects of fungus and alien lifeforms.

Petek

Hey, that's the price you pay for ruining the planet? there must be a penalty to not taking care of the planet, otherwise it'd be too easy imo.

Yeah, if you could automate formers to automatically remove the fungus (all formers can clear fungus) it shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Don't even know whether it's possible, so far Gaians/ecofriendly all the way, so just occasional clear here and there for me :lol:

Yeah, if you could automate formers to automatically remove the fungus (all formers can clear fungus) it shouldn't be a problem, should it?
You can automate formers this way (auto fungus removal: Ctrl-Shift-F), but it only solves a part of the problem. One drawback is that you still have to issue that command to a former, otherwise (if you keep formers with that mission around just in case there's a fungal bloom) you're wasting a lot of their workpower on tasks that don't help your development that much. Another is that a fungal bloom doesn't only spread fungus, it also destroys improvements on the affected tile. And you have to rebuild those manually, because if you let automated formers rebuild your base surroundings, there's no guarantee at all that the result will be useful. So no matter how much automation you apply, there's still a substantial amount of manual work involved, which the OP apparently grew tired of.

Personally, though, I think it's good game design to have fungal blooms as a limiter to excessive industrialization. I'd still help the OP if I knew an easy way to totally remove the fungus from the game, but I don't. Ozu, make sure that you understand eco-damage and how to prevent it - have you built the facilities that increase your clean minerals allowance?

Top Bottom