Fury Road LS Mod Mod

Ok here is a working list of what I think I will do for resources. I may come up with more as I develop my terrain features.

Aluminium (Advanced Munitions)
Bannana (Herbs)
Clam X
Coal (Coal)
Copper (Munitions)
Corn (Corn)
Cow (Brahmin)
Crab X
Deer (Gecko)
Dye (Pre-War Clothing)
Fish X
Fur (Golden Gecko)
Gems (Pre-War Technology)
Gold (Gold)
Hit Mo (Books)
Hit Mu (Combat Drugs)
Hit Si (Jet)
Horse
Incense (Fusion Cells)
Iron (Iron)
Ivory (Fire Gecko)
Marble (Building Materials)
Oil (Oil)
Pig (Iguana)
Rice (Canned Food)
Sheep (Big Horner)
Silk (Prewar Goods)
Silver (Silver)
Spices (Pre-War Booze)
Stone (Scrap Metal)
Sugar (Nuka Cola)
Uranium (Uranium)
Whale X
Wheat (Cabbage)
Wine (Moonshine)

Lib.Spi't,
I approve the resource list, I am glad to see you are still working on this mod.
I saw that you were trying to get a testing team together, and I would love to get involved again. From working with you briefly before you know that I love the lore from the Fallout Universe. I am interested in joining your testing team because this project is something that needed to exist in the CIV IV community. Post-Apocalyptica is my specialty and I would love to finally see a playable Fallout mod for CIV IV. Hope to help out anyway again even if it is as the forum troll. ;)

hey dead, pm me an email address for you and I will add you to the drop box. Be good to have you aboard, also when we are setup on the drop box, if you want to do any lore writing, feel free, I have just made a deal with en_dotter, that he will provide some rough written work and I will polish it up for release, as creative writing is one of my strengths but with so much other stuff to do I don't get the time to really sit and think about it :)

I have just opened up a group for all of us involved in this project. It will be used for important info about the mod development as well as new orders from our dictator whom we all like to obey.

I know you guys are sticking with the original fallouts, but i think there needs to be more civs. So I don't know if anyone has suggested these yet but:

Caesar's Legion - slave army, perhaps the abblity to be able to capture defeated units as a slave unit, and bonus against barabarians.
New Vegas - very wealthy i think, tankie/defensive kind of play, could possibly start out with the Hoover Dam
Mormon Church/New Canaanites - Religious, friendly, happy, and very willing to help out others with medicine and other supplies.

any who i like the way its looking, i havent been able to try it out yet, because my brother has been playing on the computer that has Civ IV on it, and my mom doesn't like putting stuff on her computer which i am on now. I just wanted to give some suggestions and I hope to see more civs and i hope this mod goes very well.

In this version of the mod there will not be more civs, simply because more civs will mean a lot more work. These will not be like normal civs, e.g. a UB and a UU and two generic traits for a leader. These will be customised civs, with vastly different playstyles, strengths and weaknesses. These three civs will not be much different to the existing ones. Caesar's Legion (raiders) NV (Reno) the mormons would be different, and could possibly become a major element/replacement for my concept faction the herbologists.

But for now, I have plenty of work to do without adding any more civs. One day it would be cool to have emergent civs (like in Rhye's mods) that appear long after the start of the game as these three civs don't arrive on the scene until about 100 years after game start.

This Version of the Mod is still under development and not released, except to those who are part of the Dev/test Team. Which anyone is welcome to become a part of.

At the moment, it is still pre-Alpha, I have developed the Ancient Era tech tree, and i was planning to make a demo release soon, but I am not sure if I need to go ahead and make the tech tree in it's entirety as I think the incomplete form is causing CTDs. If there are enough people that just want to 'try it out' regardless then I will release it in demo form, it has anywhere from about 200-500 turns of play right now. If I wait till the tech tree is finished it will take a lot longer, as I will have to create and program at least another 90 techs I should think, which all need to be concepted from scratch to fit the Fallout/Post apoc Theme, a logical development progression and fit the Fallout Timeline. for Instance Advanced(Enclave) Power Armour was not successfully developed until about 100 years after game start. I also need to figure out how civ does the 'changing calendar speed' so I can make those 100 years pass at an acceptable speed, right now it would take about 5000 turns. (but that is all just cosmetics really)

You know that would be awesome if you could create it so that certain factions would appear later in game. Also i was looking at the team, and i can do a little XML work, i haven't played any of the original Fallout's Just Fallout 3, but you aren't making a RPG now, you are making a 4x game based off of Fallout. So if you would like some help with XML I could do some stuff, i can also do very minimal art work, like maybe flags and buttons.

Hey everyone just to give you a quick update (if anyone still cares :p)

The mod team is expanding which is exciting and will hopefully lead to a faster release.

We have been adding some extra functionality to the mod, that will hopefully allow us to add some more fun stuff after the alpha is released (if i can get it working).

I am currently designing the tech tree for the last 2 eras and will hopefully have some help filling up era 2 and beyond with buildings and units.

So depending on how long that takes and how much inspiration and motivation I have we are steaming towards a preety solid alpha release i think!

I'm glad to see this mod starting back up. Did any of my XML work stay in?

BAHMO!!!!!!

Hey! Good to see you man!

You did the Traits right? They are pretty much as they were, and I used what you did to teach me how to do it again (I used it as a template when I ported, a lot of it isn't there right now, like the building happiness because we don't have the buildings yet :D because we are on a whole new platform K-mod. I added and modified some stuff, raiders now do 100% Pillage (I found a cool modcomp that added this along with getting all kinds of commerce and yield when you pillage) Right now I am trying to add a promotions tag modcomp to allow us to do all kinds of fun stuff with promos, but it is having a little clash with the new pillage code and i am waiting for someone to help me make then play nice together.

If you want back in on the dev group let me know and send me a pm with an email address and I will link you our dropbox. You can see all the new stuff we are doing, it would be cool to have you back!

Thanks. I have a few other projects on right now, but if you have a Wiki/manual/demo, I'll take a look at it and weigh in my thoughts, at least.

Top Bottom