Future Leaders and Civs to be released...

Jaroth

Warlord
So, when 2K/Firaxis chooses a new civilization and leader to add to the game, they're going to have to hire Morgan Sheppard to do additional voice acting along with someone that speaks the language each time?

It seems like a lot of trouble is going to go into adding additional civs since they've raised the bar unnecessarily. I wish they just kept the leaderheads simple, similar to Civ 4. That seemed to be the direction with the rest of the game; "Less is More".

Instead of just a leader's torso modeled/rendered/animated, some text written up, music, and a pretty background image... NOW they have to create a whole rendered scene along with much more of the leader modeled in 3D plus music/voice acting. Oh, and I guess facial animations to go along with the voice acting to make it look right. Not only that, but a whole written up introduction at the beginning that's narrated when you start with your first settler and warrior.

And this is just graphics and sound. There's even the gameplay end of it with totally unique traits having to be dreamed-up that can potentially break the game... or be useless like the ingenious, "Barbary Corsairs".

I swear... I better not fire up a game in the future with a new civ that I bought online and all of a sudden hear Sid's nasally weiner voice trying to inspire me! :hammer2: (Love ya, Sid. But please stick to game design, not voice acting.)

I hope Mr. Sheppard doesn't let us down like Nimoy did!

So, do you guys prefer the leaderheads from Civ 5 or Civ 4?

Now we're complaining about this? Seriously, all of this whining is getting out of hand. :rolleyes: My guess is that they will hire the voice actor, since he isn't really a big star. For other games like Mass Effect they seem to have no problem getting the original voice actors back for DLC. I for one love the new leaderheads, the ones in Civ IV looked mutated in a way...

Cartoon-ish, they were stylised and exaggerated. A little bit like a characature. Kinda. It went with the general style of the game graphics though.

Well would you buy DLC civs in Civ IV? Of course they had to raise the bar for civs or they wouldn't be as attractive as DLC. It's only logical that Firaxis wants in on this whole micro-transaction thing. It's the future they say.

And who says the new civs aren't already planned, made and voice acted? If not, I'm sure they'll plan ahead and create a batch of them at a time, but not neccesarily release them at the same time. Also note we that we might see some in future expansions.

Top Bottom