FUTURE Projects!!!

Here is where i want to start my mind stewing on some more mods that can be made with the basic format of Second Revolution 2.0.

I'm thinking about a European version of this mod, and Bianezzi suggested a South American version that would be most enjoyable!

And what other kinds of political themed games can we mod?

I have been playing with the idea for some time of a Fallout themed mod. Who wouldn't want to conquer a post-apoctalyptic world?

Anyway I have some ideas:

Destruction cused by huge meteorite coming towards the earth. However, it had little structural stability and disintigrated in the atmosphere. The massive amount of dust from the meteorite had a high uranium content, causing a massive increase in radiation. Also the dust blocked out the sun for 3 years.

In the second year from the collide, dust began to solidify and come towards the earth. These superhot drops of metal burned most cities to a cinder, leaving only ruins

Game starts in the third year after the disaster. It's your role to rebuild civilization.

mods that can be made with the basic format of Second Revolution 2.0.
I'm thinking about a European version of this mod,...

I like this idea much - it would be nice to play this mod in old good europe :):cool:

I can't program, but I can help you with political/geographical/historical background in South America. I have a BA on latin american political science =)

thank you all!

@ArneHD
do you want to start this mod? create a thread, and also check if there is a fallout mod already in production somewhere for civ4

@asio x3
Yeah, it would be alot of fun, but i would need a list of current leaders, and i have to get an idea of the blocs that would form. Like should the EU be a single civ (with parts removed by rebels like USA in 2ndrev)

@Bianezzi
Yeah, i will need exactly that sort of help with making a mod of this type feel authentic! I know bits about chavez, and the lady who was president of chile, but thats it. i would like to learn more!

Arne/Garret,

I love the idea of a Fallout type mod. It could be an awsome mix of "modern tech" and "old school" tech.

I'm gonna throw togeather a light prototype for something like this to see how it plays.

As for the "Story" -- why bother per say.... if you leave it open to the imaginations of the player you get more of an effect...

I'll start a thread for it too :)

Lol - I put it in your own forum for right this sec... once I have a prototype I'll make a "real thread" for it :) -- For the prototype i'm just using mostly stuff thats available for download since I suck as a moddeler. Lots of ideas already...feel free to chip in, as the more minds the merrier.

The link to it (in case your lazy lol) is:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=197673

IDEA
A political party in Russia revolts and takes command of the nation. Their dream is to make Russia the empire it once was. They form alliances and defensive pacts with the european union and all the other european countries. The european front is safe. Now in order to create a powerful army and economy they need to expand towards asia. The muslim nations are easy and useful targets to start with, small armies and huge resources. As a result, Russians and their allies attack those nations. Russia and it's european allies gain strength. Who is going to be the next target, so Russia can become the empire it once was?

An imperialistic Russia allying with Europeans?

100% impossible. :)

In terms of a Second Rev. Europe, I'm thinking that we can use a europe + middle east + north africa map. Russia is it's own nation, England vs. independent Scotland, nordic countries united, Baltic states united, Balkans are united, but with rebel cities. North africa might be united, Italy, france, spain and portugal are part of a mediteranian alliance. Greece and macedonia are too part of Medit Alliance. Germany have expanded to the east eating up most small countries. Belarous and ukraine are both rebels (the faction rebels, not barbs). Middle east is turky, Israel, Syria and rebels. Perhaps some barb cities to represent other factions. Ireland Rebel.

Mediteranian alliance and Germany have defencive pact (EU) and are friendly towards Israel.

Germany have expanded to the east eating up most small countries.

I rather would merge Poland (wich isn't small country) Czech, Slovakia and Hungary into Visegrád Group as addition i would see there Lithuania. Neutral against Rebels, and Baltic See Alliance, Friendly with Iberian Alliance, Hostile with, Russia, Great Russia, Alpine Alliance

and Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Northern Italy, Switzerland, and some minor part of France into Alpine Alliance. Alpine Alliance would be hostile for Visegrád Group so it could spread into this teritories.

The rest of France (majority), northern Spain, Southern Italy, and Flanders, Greece, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales into Rebels Alliance

About Ukraina - i wold make west pro european - sympatizing with Visegrád Group and Alpine Alliance and east part of Ukraina merged with belaurusia - anti european and pro-Russian.

Estonia Latvia, Finland and Sweden i would make Baltic See Alliance - very neutral

Norway, Denmark, England, the Rest of Belgium, Holland i would make North See Aliance in war with Rebels and Hostile with Alpine Alliance.

Russia i would make it place of the second revolution divide country into two powers - Russia and Great Russia rulled by neo-bolschevists or neofashists - what you prefer. Rest of the Spain and Portugal i would make Iberian Alliance In war with rebels and hostile with Alpine Alliance

Good list, but I'd rather see Norway and denmark part of the baltic alliance due to cultural ties. Also, politically scandinavia is very uniform.

I would also like to see the Scotland/England troubles.

I would add also Great Serbia (allianced with Soviet Union) and Turkey (both looking for expansion on rebel and balkan states) and Balkan States , also belarusia and east ukraina i made part of Soviet Union

@ ArneHD
i thought adding norway and denmark to the baltic see alliance but it would make north see alliance very week - it's good idea if we assume that north see alliance is first to loose war

In terms of a Second Rev. Europe, I'm thinking that we can use a europe + middle east + north africa map. Russia is it's own nation, England vs. independent Scotland, nordic countries united, Baltic states united, Balkans are united, but with rebel cities. North africa might be united, Italy, france, spain and portugal are part of a mediteranian alliance. Greece and macedonia are too part of Medit Alliance. Germany have expanded to the east eating up most small countries. Belarous and ukraine are both rebels (the faction rebels, not barbs). Middle east is turky, Israel, Syria and rebels. Perhaps some barb cities to represent other factions. Ireland Rebel.

Mediteranian alliance and Germany have defencive pact (EU) and are friendly towards Israel.

Not only those, but i want all of east asia on the map. so i will be all of the big continent, eurasia

EURASIA, ALLIANCES
1.European union united,NATO controlls Norway-Japan-South Korea-Israel-South Iraq-Afghanistan
2.Russia,Ukraine,moldova,belarus
3.Middle-East nations
4.India,Pakistan,Burma,Thailand
5.China,Mongolia,North Korea,Vietnam

I would add also Great Serbia (allianced with Soviet Union) and Turkey (both looking for expansion on rebel and balkan states) and Balkan States , also belarusia and east ukraina i made part of Soviet Union

@ ArneHD
i thought adding norway and denmark to the baltic see alliance but it would make north see alliance very week - it's good idea if we assume that north see alliance is first to loose war

now we have to stretch this map east to cover all the way to japan!!

@ ArneHD

We could give Wales and northern Ireland to the NSA but make England really, really strong. They are in real life after all. England would also have a very strong economy. To prevent scotland from being overrun we can give them some tough defensive units to start with so that they arn't killed at once.

Top Bottom