G&K: Multiplayer seems glitchier than ever

Gucumatz

JS, secretly Rod Serling
So only have played a few games in multi and I have noticed there are some weird glitches going on that weren't in vanilla.

Random resyncs keep occuring on turn 1 sometimes changing the locations of resources from initial spawn of game, game seems to lag randomly for a minute longer sometimes in the middle of a turn for everyone, and well this thing here I saw that soemone else said they saw before too...

This guy settled his city and the other guy settled his city on turn one and well... They were only 2 tiles away from each other. And the Celts effectively couldn't control, move, or do anything with their capital. The Dutch couldn't attack it either. It was effectively a ghost city. Obviously we couldn't play with this.

=====

Anyone else seen God and Kings specific bugs so far?

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/59472225

Edit: How do I upload something from Steam?>

Moderator Action: Moved to the MP forum.

I don't think the devs care about mp in civ anymore. In vanilla they made some (few) sweeping changes highest on the punch list, like "capability to reset end of turn", but stabillity issues still existed in vanilla even in the last few weeks when I tried to play.

I don't know "why" they don't care to make a fluid, stable, enjoyable multiplayer game. I've pretty much given up trying to ask.

I've played about 15 hours mp via the internet with G&K (I mostly play mp).
To me it seems rock solid. Not a glitch, only the usual slowdown in the very late game, but that's the same in sp.

Have you tried verifying the game, maybe there's a corrupt file or something?

Oh, and the picture isn't working.

Most of the time it went fine. Of course, you never know who you gonna play in public games if they play with dx11, a slow comp, bad internet connection, etc.

Most of the time it went fine. Of course, you never know who you gonna play in public games if they play with dx11, a slow comp, bad internet connection, etc.

I played 5 consecutive games that all ended with this constant lag that would freeze turns where nobody could do anything. Add that on to the double movement resyncs.

Top Bottom