G-Major 140

lymond

Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!)
Hall of Fame Staff
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

[size=+1](*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!
[/size]​

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Domination (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Monarch
  • Starting Era: Classical
  • Map Size: Large
  • Speed: Epic
  • Map Type: Highlands
  • Required: Raging Barbarians
  • Must Not Be Checked: No Barbarians
  • Civ: Celt (Brennus)
  • Opponents: Must include England (Victoria), Ethiopia (Zara Yaqob), France (Louis XIV), India (Asoka), Ottoman (Mehmed II), Rome (Augustus Caesar), Zulu (Shaka)
  • Version: 3.19.003 or 3.19.003s or 3.19.004
  • Date: 25th October to 25th November 2015
Must not play as Inca.
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Was the starting era meant to be Classical? Also, the leader on this thread says Brennus, but the page here mentions Boudica. I had submitted a couple games that I thought would count for this Gauntlet and was disappointed when they didn't.

Thank you for pointing out the error. I've updated the game in HOF to reflect Brennus as the leader. I apologize for the confusion.

Starting era is indeed Classical.

@Denniz, That's all right. My submissions were ancient starts. I tried a couple classical starts, but gave up shortly after being overrun by raging barbarian axemen before being able to establish an army. I tried a bunch of religious games instead, which I found quite enjoyable.

As Boudica the XIII (ie 13th attempt) - 1899 Domination Victory, score of 48240. No submission as I can't get the Buffy run normally, and ... not Brennus...
Very long and quite tedious as it was long clear Boudica had no challengers. Actually, Boudica the XII won a Conquest in 1883, score 47751.

As Boudica the XIII (ie 13th attempt) - 1899 Domination Victory, score of 48240. No submission as I can't get the Buffy run normally, and ... not Brennus...
Very long and quite tedious as it was long clear Boudica had no challengers. Actually, Boudica the XII won a Conquest in 1883, score 47751.

What's wrong with BUFFY? Start with a clean install (no mods) and follow the first two steps on the Vista\Win7 Fixes (for Win 8 & 10, too) mod page tab. If you have Steam then check out the Steam tab.

Top Bottom