Gaddafi is history! Tripoli is free!

10 bucks says he attempts to flee, fails, and ends up being captured.

Oh, and now taking bets!

Gaddafi:
1. Is dead.
2. Has been captured.
3. Is hiding in Tripoli.
4. Has fled to Algeria.
5. Is fleeing to Zimbabwe.
6. Is fleeing to Angola.
7. Has been abducted by aliens.
8. Any better ideas?

9. Is hiding elsewhere in Libya.

Let me repost and repeat myself:
Oh, and now taking bets!

Gaddafi:
1. Is dead.
2. Has been captured.
3. Is hiding in Tripoli.
4. Has fled to Algeria.
6. Is fleeing to Angola.
8. Any better ideas?

EXTRA-BREAKING NEWS:

Al Arabiya and Sky News reports that Gaddafi has been captured!

Gaddafi have been arrested.

I don't have a link but it's live on TV now.

EDIT: Reuteurs correct the news: it's the son of Gaddafi that have been arrested not Gaddafi himself.

Modern jihad taking place in Libya cancels that out

And that's why we'll be propping up a guy there? Really?

Foreign workers are not the same as foreign countries propping up a government,

If anything, they won't want us because of the youth. See Egypt.

Uhmm what modern jihad in libya? are you watching fox news?

Propping up a guy in tribal territory? Iraq, Afghanistan?

If anything, the youth is starving for a better life and starving for better conditions which we and our big corporate corpus are gonna supply with happiness while we suck out their oil reserves.

Foreign workers, foreign workers in army, government, tribes never recognizing borders and still retain territories across the deserts into africa...
I honestly dont see this as being anti foreign.

Oh, and now taking bets!

Gaddafi:
1. Is dead.
2. Has been captured.
3. Is hiding in Tripoli.
4. Has fled to Algeria.
6. Is fleeing to Angola.
8. Any better ideas?

EXTRA-BREAKING NEWS:

Al Arabiya and Sky News reports that Gaddafi has been captured!

CNN hasn't reported it yet... but there's the excitement in the newsroom like something's going on.

Who can say me what movie is this quote from?:

-Erno is going to lead the revoltion and head the new government"

-Look, dont you understand? In six months we will be stealing Erno´s nose.

:mischief:

Hehe and you find that that speaks for deep islamic influence?
that the only thing that could tie them was a holy war?
I think that it speaks for the opposite.
um, what

the senussi, and libyans in general, were uninterested in fighting for the ottomans qua ottomans, but loved the idea of fighting for the ottomans qua caliphal panislamic leaders

in addition, contrast libyan response to the call for holy war with the response elsewhere in the so-called 'muslim world', e.g. in the maghreb or india, let alone on the horn of africa; it was in libya that jihad gained its greatest number of adherents

now, you can argue that this is irrelevant in a modern context, and it might well be, but it's hilariously out of touch to say that islam has never mattered in libya

Been watching live on Al Jazeera and BBC. BUT WHO WILL BREAK TEH BIG NEWS FIRST?
Exciting times... eerie though, things just seem to be going to well... but then, what could change the pace right now?

Is it terrible this makes me want to fire up Battlefield :/

Sky news are confirming it's his son Saif Gaddafi not Senior Gaddafi yet.

Meh, I just googled it and found nothing on Gaddafi being captured. I was just coming back to ask for a link.

Oh well... with a Gaddafi offspring being captured every now and then, I'll understand if someone got confused...

um, what

the senussi, and libyans in general, were uninterested in fighting for the ottomans qua ottomans, but loved the idea of fighting for the ottomans qua caliphal panislamic leaders

in addition, contrast libyan response to the call for holy war with the response elsewhere in the so-called 'muslim world', e.g. in the maghreb or india, let alone on the horn of africa; it was in libya that jihad gained its greatest number of adherents

now, you can argue that this is irrelevant in a modern context, and it might well be, but it's hilariously out of touch to say that islam has never mattered in libya

I am not saying it doesnt matter...
But there is nowhere near the islamic presence in libya as in egypt or many other socalled muslim countries.

The way I understand the above, and correct me if i am wrong, is that the call for jihad got the most supporters in libya.

I believe they would have joined anything at that time. I dont think living there under the italian rule was very nice.

So something that could rid them of that, be it islamic or not, would get them going.
Just like now.

Top Bottom