Galeass sinks Ironclad!!!!!

Callonia

Deity
In an rather amazing display of Polish naval skills....

(Poland dow'd on Assyria so that you know.)

One of the ironclads who was cleaning up the waters of assyrian explorers decided it is smart and hugged this single assyrian galeass instead of sinking it outright in one hit.

And then spent the next 10+ turns hugging it until it's hp got low and I gave up and decided to take this screenshot just to show the insanity.

My entire navy left for indonesian waters except for single privateer which stayed behind to monitor the show for me.

Spoiler :

Eventually culminating with it's sinking on next turn. That freaking polish ironclad hugged the galeass for 10+ turns while I was at war against spain. It finally sunk after I took the last city from spain xD

Spoiler :

Although I now realize this screenshot don't serve as good proof without a pic showing ironclad with most of its health >< But really I did watch it get shelled every turn until it got sunk by the galeass.

If the AI is this stupid, I cannot even seriously consider domination as worthy victory goal anymore. :/ At very least it explains why I never got threatened even once in bnw.

Whoa, never witnessed something like that before, either on ground, sea or air forces!
If the galeass was in someone else's border that the ironclad couldn't enter, that would have made sense, but like that? I guess the AI wanted to farm xp :D He is learning from us, be carefull ;)

If you want more "challenge" for domination, try higher difficulties: the carpet Immortal or Deity civs can throw at you is sometimes mindblowing. Of course they don't fight better, but in the mass they can sometime make something happen.

On the other hand, I still remember epic naval war between AI Indonesia and AI Poland from my Netherland game

Wide and powerful Polish communist empire decided to attack small and tall autocratic Indonesia on the peninsula. So I thought Indonesia is lost, as Poland had ~16 cities and Indonesia 4, also Poland had like 2x bigger army and stronger economy.

What a horrible mistake :D

Indonesia heroically defended from every Polish assault both on land and sea - I have no idea how they get such high quality fleet but they were beating two times bigger Polish fleet on sea. During the dramatic war Indonesia lost only its small colony while not only defending mainland but also recapturing huge Polish border city. By the end of war Polish navy was so decimated that it was smaller than Indonesian.

It was so epic. And Indonesia switched to my Freedom soon after :D

...But I have seen even more insanely mismatched war. From modded game:

Sioux Wide Empire vs Tall Korean Kingdom

Sioux behaved like Iroquis in this game but even worse - not only they were performing infinite city spam, they were also conquering everone, so by renaissance they had like 20 cities :crazyeye: Not only that but they already had Korean capital (or some major city, something like that). The entire Korea was basically few almost separated cities on the coast - basically it looked like Chinese Empire fighting versus Vietnam IRL :p

The Sioux made only one great mistake.

They declared war on Korea in the renaissance.

Hwacha. But mainly - yes, you guessed correctly - Turtle Ship.

I couldn't believe what have I seen. The war was going on for something like 50 turns at least and Sioux fleet was constantly massacred by Korea - by the end of war, after countless defeats, Sioux had almost no navy and in the beginning it was like 3 times bigger! :crazyeye: They lost most of their coastal cities. Korea retook also Seul but couldn't advance deeper on land while Sioux couldn't conquer those few cities because Hwacha. In the meantime almost all Sioux coastal cities were captured either by Korea, Korean CS allies or Persia (on the other side of continent). Finally the war ended with status quo but giant Sioux Empire was so massacred by the war with Tall Korea and Cultural Persia that it literally collapsed along my naval invasion :D

New to me. If the AI had a unit like that next to mine it would`ve blown it away first chance it got. You could treat it as some kind weird `Human error` that sometimes happens in real life!

Reminded me of when Hiawatha decided the best way to destroy the caravel I had set to automatically explore was to circle it with Ironclads. Every turn, they would move one hex clockwise, and then do nothing because of zoc. :confused:

It wasn't until I sunk 3 ironclads (as well as a handful of other ships that Hiawatha had brought in while I was getting my small navy over there) that he decided to finally attack and sink the caravel. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom