Game Crash

lbhhh

King
Playing Conquests 1.15 in hotseat mode. I'm the Koreans and my girlfriend is playing as the Japanese. When she captures the last Russian city, Smolensk, game crashes to desktop.

Steps to reproduce:

Load Game.
Attack Smolensk with the cavalry army.( You'll have to declare war). Only 1 pikeman defending, he'll die and the city will fall. Choose either install a new governor or raze city.

Game will crash before the end of the turn.

Save:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Coop2.SAV

BTW, the crash occurs whether a human player or an AI takes the city and any other turn the city is taken. Its like killing the Russians terminates the game.

If someone could please try to reproduce, I'd appreciate it. It wouldn't solve the problem in the game but at least I'd know if it is something specific to my system or a game related issue. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by aeldrik
I tried the game, yes, it crashes just as you said... no idea why...

Thanks a lot:thanx:

At least now I know that's its not my computer. Something similar also happened to me years ago(maybe 2) with Vanilla Civ3, game crashed when I captured a French city. Maybe the game gets corrupted somehow? Has something similar happened to anyone else? Probably not the best place for the question, not many people read the bug reports. Oh well, any feedback appreciated.

I believe I have found at least one other related bug, unfortunately that had no savegame available, so this is a lot more help. The bug reproduced easily on my system too - in fact I almost fell off my chair due to the unexpectedness of the crash. I had just selected to install a new governor and *ka-booom*. :confused:

Top Bottom