Game crashing

Mudza

Chieftain
I was wondering if other ppl have problem with the game crashing between round 300-450 ?

Without civ mod on, i got no problems, but with mods on the game gonna crash later on. I got 2 computers i have tried on and i also got a friend to test civ mod where it did also crash.

Atm using the new version from june 2nd

My pc specs:

i7- 9700k
16gb ddr4-3000 ram
970 evo 500 gb ssd
Asus geforce rtx 2070 8gb

2nd computer:

i5-4590
gtx 970
16gb ram
250 gb SSD disk

Ingame video settings:
https://gyazo.com/0671679f02d78a6ff0ace16fd543d606

Have tried with lower settings and that don't help

Hope there is a fix for this, because it's a great mod that add a lot to the normal version :)

Now days I experience random CTD's from time to time throughout the whole game - which I didn't before. I've been too lazy to report it on Github though.

Post on github saves if dont use huge amount of mods.
https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues

And what is map size? On Huge maps I always get crash in late information era.

I play on dual and tiny map sizes.

Mods i use:
1 community patch v.89
2 community balance overhaul v.13
4 C4DF - cbp v. 11
3 city-state diplomacy mod for CBP v. 27
5 more luxuries 5-14b v. 155
6a community balance overhaul v. 1
7a promotion icons for vp v. 1
7b promotion tree for vp v. 22

Ok will post on github next time :thumbsup:

@Mudza, just double-checking - are the crashes reproducible? I mean you load an (auto)save and it crashes on the same next turn every time (on both computers), right?

Or are they random = sometimes you can go on for more turns and then it crashes again after a while?

I personally have had literally NO crashes for the last year and I play huge maps with 18-ish civs and a ton of extra mods. But some people do experience crashes - even on powerful machines.

around turn 300 you got tech and policies that add more yields to the hex grid,(especially imperialism tree) i used to crash too but by turning off yields on the hex, i never crashed since then.

Last edited:
@Mudza, just double-checking - are the crashes reproducible? I mean you load an (auto)save and it crashes on the same next turn every time (on both computers), right?

Or are they random = sometimes you can go on for more turns and then it crashes again after a while?

I personally have had literally NO crashes for the last year and I play huge maps with 18-ish civs and a ton of extra mods. But some people do experience crashes - even on powerful machines.

They are random it seems like. Just played 2 games to the end yesterday and today. I can just load the autosaves after crash and play again, sometimes it crash fast after, other times i can play 50-100 more turns. My last game i just finish, did it crash 6 times from turn 330 - 696.

They are random it seems like. Just played 2 games to the end yesterday and today. I can just load the autosaves after crash and play again, sometimes it crash fast after, other times i can play 50-100 more turns. My last game i just finish, did it crash 6 times from turn 330 - 696.
Sounds very much like my own experience. One time it even crashed while booting up the game, then loading a save, and exactly when done loading, entering the game world, the game CTD on me.

I was then afraid that the save might be corrupted, but I just restarted the game, loaded the save and continued playing as if nothing had happened.

I'm not really sure yet but i have the feelling something is 'broken' with Rome and/or Swedish
I don't have any log or savegame to defend this idea.
Now, since i disable both civs, I get very very rarelly fatal ctd (near heavy mods load, big map)
You got me curious since I've had a recent surge of crashes on big maps... and all of them had one or both in them. Huh. Gonna test this theory.

If I have crashes, I'm reluctant to report it because on my side, I'm using Linux + Wine + DXVK + mods which have to work into a harmony in order to function right. So I am trimming down to just UI mods and VP base.

Base + 34UC + Enlightenment Era + Wonders Expanded + Unique City-States

Those 4 modmods are furiously good.
But It gives me the feeling i won't finish a big longame with all together.
If all goes smoothly, really, tell us!

Anyway, the good thing is the rare necessary savegames are never corrupted in my case

Last edited:
Top Bottom