Game Eradication ????

dlk

Chieftain
I had always just played Vanilla and yesterday decided to go the full route on Steam and get G&K and BNW and all the add-ons. Now all I have is BNW. Where did Vanilla and G&K go ???? I can find no reference to them other than a G&K DLC add on. Does BNW eradicate the other games?
With Civ 4 when you added another level you could still play the previous ones as well?
What options do I have to go back and play the previous levels in Civ5 ???
Steam mystifies me in the myriad ways they can make the simplistic into unknown complexity ???
Hopefully I am just overlooking a simple answer. Can anyone explain what is going on????
It would certainly be appreciated !!!!!

you just have to disable the "DLC" for the expansion packs (by clicking on the green check marks to remove them) and you'll go back to Vanilla.

What chazzycat said. You can't start them individually like you could with Civ4;they all start from the same thing. You just have to disable them in the DLC menu to go back to an another version.

G&K and BNW are both DLC themselves.
So with BNW, its the same exe as it was in Vanilla; first thing it does is run these checks:

1. Do you have BNW? Yes : Show BNW menu screens / etc. No: Proceed to step #2

2. Do you have G&K? Yes : Show G&K Menu screens / etc. No: Show Vanilla Menu screens / etc.

All versions of menus have options to pull up the DLC to disable some. (Note that the Mongol civ is DLC [albeit free], so firaxis didn't even have to worry about disabling the DLC button for those without DLC.)

Thank you Gentleman....the ignorant now sees some light !!!! Thanks again !!!

The good thing is, you never want to play Vanilla after you've played BNW.

Top Bottom