Game Font Editor

Incredible!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I am going to play with this immediatly!!!!!

How could the modding community work so long without this program? It helped me fix one unidentifiable font problem right away.

Thanks!

I have installed this and tried to load the gamefont file but then"Error!"...
?:confused:

not the ones included? try the default bts game fonts !

Version 0.4 is out!
You can download it from the same place.
See release notes below and in the opening post.

I didn't have much time to do anything Civ-related lately, but I already had some features implemented a couple of months ago, so I decided to give it a push and add the things I wanted so I can release this version.
Hope you find the new changes useful.

I also noticed that someone in the file comments (in the downloads section) requested a tutorial for this. I don't have the time to do this, but if anyone's willing to do this I'd be happy to add a link to it.
Is it needed? How complicated is this thing anyway?

Version 0.4 (Beta):
- Feature: Added ability to add transparency to an opaque icon: 'Alpha!' button. Transparent color is determined by the image corners, and the sensitivity can be changed using a slider. (Useful, for example, when you've found an image online: Just do a 'copy image' from the browser - no need to even save it to file - then paste it into a cell, and add transparency.)
- Feature: Can run an external image editor to specific slots from within the game font editor (click on 'Edit'), and then update the slot after saving in the external editor (click on 'Update').
- Feature: Added config file which holds all the user's settings to be loaded for the next time. File is created and updated when exiting the program, and is saved in the Documents folder (or 'My Documents'). It's called Civ4GameFontEditor.cfg.
- Feature: Enabled changing the background color for the font image when not showing the grid.
- Bug fix: Changed UI colors to absolute colors
- Bug fix: Fixed a bug that caused a crash when using 'Save As'
- Bug fix: Fixed a bug where title did not change when using 'Save As'

Had I known about this sooner it would have saved me loads of time. Thanks for that tool Asaf, it's incredibly excellent! :)

I don't know if this is the best place to ask this but does anyone know of a good way to add the religion icons from the gamefont files to the appropriate building buttons for the religious buildings?

I'm having trouble with one icon in my gamefont file. I've merged BUG into my mod and needed some of the BUG icons, so I used this editor to copy them over to gamefont75.tga. Everything works great except for the yellow smiley face in row 14 slot 9. When it displays in game, it's showing not only that icon but also the other two icons to the right of it. The cyan marker and pink border look correct, so I dont quite understand what's happening. Any suggestions?

You mean slot 6, right?
I couldn't see any problem with the file. Is it possible it's the other game font file?
If not, is it possible to attach the relevant mod files (if not too big) for me to run it to see the problem? I hope I can find the time for this.

Not sure, but could it be that the wrong alphas to the right of the last valid symbol might be interferring with....with *something*?

As long as the borders alpha is correct, I think it shouldn't matter, but everything's possible, I guess. Maybe try clearing the other cells?

As long as the borders alpha is correct, I think it shouldn't matter, but everything's possible, I guess. Maybe try clearing the other cells?

It's something about that 6th cell. I tried clearing all the rest of the cells on the row, importing other images into the 6th cell, adding and removing marks, nothing seemed to help.

I finally ended up just removing the first grey face icon and shifting all of the other icons one space to the left and they all appear as expected. Maybe the issue is because of the smaller cell on the row above?

Top Bottom