Game freezes then screen gets all messed up

gberetfr

Rastaman
I have BtS v3.17.

When I play, after a few minutes, even less, the game freezes something like 30s, and then the screen gets all weird (each time a different experience, with black map, or brown, or all units red, caracters becoming squares, or like a fog everywhere,........).

Then if I push the back to windows button I go back to desktop, and I click on the Civ4 task, I go back to the game, screen is back to normal, and... 1mn later same story...

I have now no idea of what to do, I searched the forum, formated my HD, downloaded the latest patch (it was doing this before v3.17), video, audio drivers and DirectX. And no improvement (humm even worse since the directX update !)

My main features :

Intel Core 2 Duo 6300 @ 1.83 GHz
GeForce 8800 GT
2 Go RAM

Attached my DxDiag file.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    52 KB · Views: 406
The same thing happens to me! I can't remember the specs of my comp. right now, but I have PLeNtY of processor speed and RAM, and an Nvidia 8700M GeForce video card (I think it's 8700, maybe 86? I can't remember). It's not as bad when I play in windowed mode, and it's normal again after I minimize and maximize it, for the most part. I know this thread is ages old by now, but if someone's out there....please!

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I get similar problems when I play Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, but it plays perfectly in windowed mode.

I tried window mode and lots of different resolutions, still the same. No Idea how to fix it. So yes please HELP !

oh you should post some specs . See it from a tech guys view he has nothing to go on without your Processor codename/ram/v-card and even FSB speed

btw your not alone Civ4 is the most tech hinderedstategy game ever released
The probem came from Sorren Johnson when he choose to go #d. After this choice prooved a failure and he reallized buildin more stories on a faultin foundation would just make more of a mess he left the company before the BTS was realeased (thus creatin 1000's mnore complaints on what was allready 1000's from warlords and 100's of thousands from Civ4 vannila. He went on to make spore a epic failure

Nice OT rant eh? No?. Hmm your right. IM tired I worked all night, ight?

Uhhh... anyway...

I uninstalled my video driver and downloaded the tweaked one for GeForce from laptopvideo2go.com. So far it hasn't done it again, and I've played more than a full round since. Let me know if it works!

So...
It looks like nobody can solve this ?

So just to add something. I have no pb with much more demanding games (Bioshock, Crysis), but the same #%§@ happened when playing a poker game (pkr.com, nicely designed by the way) (had to find a substitute to Civ !), but less frequently making it still playable.

I fiiiiinnnaallllyyyy figured it out. It's actually been happening to all of my games with any 3D models and even wigging out some 2D stuff, but this has solved all!
I got ATITool for nVidia cards and underclocked my card's core and memory under 3D performance down to about 80%. If you don't have an nVidia card you can find any old clocking software, but if you do just google "atitool" and it'll be one of the first results shown.
So... underclock. See if that works. Good luck. Hope someone still reads this highly dated post.

Top Bottom