Game Play Instruction Thread, Sunday, September 7rd, 2:00 pm CDT, 19:00 GMT

ravensfire

Member of the Opposition
Game Play Instruction Thread, Term 5, Chat 2

Sunday, September 7rd, 2:00 pm CDT, 19:00 GMT

Save

Previous Chat Thread

This will be an online session. Ravensfire will be the DP for this session.

Summary

We have built the ToE, learned the secrets of Industrialization, Atomic Theory and Electronics. Our coffers are flush with cash, ready to improve our country! Although short, the previous chat has left us a perfect place to leap into the future!

Barring an unusual event, I plan to complete at least 5 and up to 10 turns, depending on instructions from leaders.

Please reserve this thread for instruction posts by Department Leaders. This is not a discussion thread.

-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatica

Time Zone Conversion for the Average Joe

12:00 PDT (Arizona time)
13:00 MDT
14:00 CDT
15:00 EDT
19:00 GMT
20:00 CET (RMT)

As some have noticed, there are a few instructions I missed during the past turn chat. I apologize to those govenors. I'm learning the process - it will get smoother and faster as time goes.

To help me out, I am requesting two things of all governors. First, please divide your instructions into three sections: build queues, requested worker tasks and tile allocations within cities. Second, please have your instructions posted at least two hours prior to the start of the chat.

For all future chats that I am running, I plan to start an off-line pre-turn at least 30 minutes, and up to 1 hour prior to the chat. I will be posted a message indicating such in the chat thread. Please DO NOT edit your instructions if you see that post. I will not guarantee that the changes will be made. Please create a new post at the end.

Again, sorry for problems of the last chat.

Military Instructions

Movement for Cavalry

4 cavalry from Heliopolis and 3 cavalry from Hiercanopolis to be deployed as in the picture below

Movement for musket men

One from Omalu to Grozny
One from Lake Asphinxia to Grozny
One from Aureus to Iron hills
Two from Indatto to Alexandria
One from Gorina to Elephantine
One from Noshuret to Byblos
One from Regia D. to Chieftess

There are 3 in the field in Quirinal.
Please send two to Cold Harbour and one to Malvern Hills.

The 6 new musket men that are to be created through authorised upgrades are to be assigned as follows:
2 to Bootia
2 to South Bootia
2 to PDXIII

Movement for Legions

One from Gorina to Noshuret

If this creates gaps in a city garrison, cavalry may be used as a temporary measure.

These moves create a defensive perimeter of 2 musket men in each city from Iron Hills to Cold Harbour. This is the first phase in creating the Noldodan Perimeter. This is in honour of the Governor of Aventine who first ventured the proposal.

@CG
20.00 = BST
21.00 = Rik Meleet Time. :)

Aventine Build Queues:

Aureus: Factory, Musketman, Musketman
Inadatto: Factory, Musketman, Musketman
Regia Doughnutia: Factory, Musketman, Musketman
Lake Asphinxia: University, Bank, Musketman
Elephantine: University, Musketman, Musketman
New Jedina: Factory, Musketman, Musketman
Iron Hills: Iron Works
Omalu: Factory, Musketman, Musketman
Chieftess: Marketplace, Barracks, Bank
Seven Hills: Marketplace, Barracks, Musketman
Byblos: Temple, Library, Barracks
NOTE: Only use the instructions for Memphis and RC if instructions for them are not posted by Fier.
Memphis: Factory, Musketman, Musketman
River Crossing: Courthouse, Bank, University

Note: Build Hospitals in the size 12 cities after the Factories are built and Sanitation is discovered.

Aventine Improvements:

1) Railroad the mined tiles at Iron Hills.
2) Mine and RR the roaded hill SE of Iron Hills.
3) Railroad to Grozny.
4) Irrigate toward Regia Doughnutia.

Other: Barring conflicting orders from Military, please phase out other defenses throughout Fanatica in favor of Musketmen as they are produced.

PS: The Noldodan Perimeter? Thanks. But I have re-read the thread and decided to amend my proposal according to (someone)'s suggestion. (Someone) reccomended that Cannon only be placed in high-risk cities. I concur with this suggestion.

Domestic Instructions

Note: From this point on, I will be unavailable to post instructions and will be gone until Sunday evening CDT. If any updates are necessary, then can be added by Rik Meleet. A poll would be needed to override these instructions, however.

Budget Office

480g - upgrade of 6 Spearmen(at the request of the Military Dept.)
452g - rush of Factory in Gorina on Turn 2.
336g - rush of two Granaries(168g each), in Cold Harbor and Malvern Hill(pending confirmation from Governor deshelbr --- I will also accept a Library, which is a bit more. Any rush of a Courthouse in these two cities is not approved.).
124g - rush of Harbor in Dinas Emrys.
120g - rush of Marketplace in Alqualonde.
92g - rush of Ironclad in Palatine.
84g - rush of 3 workers(28g each) in Babs Landing, Wandering Gnome Hills and North Shore.

Total of spending plan: 1688g

Starting on Turn 1, I would also like to make a standing approval of worker rushes in 1spt cities(36g or less). These would be at the DPs discretion.

Science Slider

Based on this discussion, please set the Science Rate to 50%. If we get far enough along to begin research on Sanitation, please set the rate to 40% on Turn 9.

Settlers for Caelian

I authorize Fier Canadien to run with the discussion and polling on this matter.

Treaties: Do not sign or break any treaties (Peace Treaty, ROP, MA, MPP, Trade Embargo) this turnchat.

Embassies: None unless the general opinion of the people at the chat is that an embassy is needed.

City investigations: If you and a general opinion of people in the chat determine that another investigation of Persepolis is beneficial, you are permitted to do so. There are to be no other investigations.

War Declarations: None this chat, and if war is declared on us, please stop the chat.

Tribute Demands:

Reject a tribute demand if:
-More than 100 gold or 6 gold per turn is demanded
-A strategic resource or luxury is demanded
-An important technology not believed to be known by other civs is demanded.
-England demands tribute.

If a demand does not violate these guidelines, pay the tribute demand unless the general opinion of people in the chat says to reject it.

Other instructions:

Territory incursions: Please ask all nations with troops in our territory to withdraw them in the preturn. You may repeat this at intervals of 2 to 3 turns as necessary. Please do not demand that any nations move troops. If what appears to be a possible invasion force arrives near a city, please stop the chat and we can determine what to do in the forums.

Noshuret: Factory (9) -> Musketmen (?) -> *
Laborer - move laborer working irrigated Plains tile 2 tiles NW of the city to Railroaded irrigated plain directly to East

Xak Tsaroth: Factory (12) -> Musketmen (?) -> Coloseum (?) -> Musketmen (?)

Gorina: Factory (6) -> Universal Sufferage (?)
After building the Factory for 2 more turns Rush it.

Ingolemondor: University (3) -> Cathedral (20) -> Barracks (2) -> Marketplace (10)
Laborer - switch one coastal tile to Mined Hill to NW of the city

Neapolis: Coloseum (9) -> Barracks (2) -> Bank (13)

Penguinadua: Factory (6) -> Cannon (3) -> Musket (4) -> Cannon (3) -> Musket (4)

Nur Gisnod: Barracks (2) -> Coloseum (8) -> Musketmen (4) -> *

Tyvek: Hoover Dam (24)

Slice of Bacon: Temple (3) -> Market (20)
Laborer - Move a laborer working a cost tile to the unworked hill drectly NW of the city

Nafstac: Courthouse (8) -> Library (12)

Worker Requests
Please RR Mined Mountian to north and mine the RR'ed Mountain to the west of this Tyvek. Also Make sure the two remaining mined Hills are Railroaded to maximize Production.

Railroad Hills in area of Gorina to maximize Production, esp. the Iron hill.

* - denotes continue unit build for the rest of the t/c

? - build time unknown

Italics in turn value denote estmated amounts

Italics with underlines including text denotes important actions on later turns

Continue with current trades. After looking at the save i find the only way to recive another luxury is to either give up too much gpt or trade a technology, which we cannot do

Queues

Alexandria:Marketplace(20), Courthouse, University
Asyut:Library(37), Courthouse, Cathedral, University
Heliopolis: Cathecral(12), Marketplace, University
Hieraconpolis:Library(37)*, Courthouse, Marketplace, Cathedral
Giza:Cathedral(20), Marketplace, Courthouse, University
Memphis: follow Noldodan's queues
River Crossing: follow Noldodan's queues
Thebes: Library (1), Granary (5), Worker (1), Worker (1), Cathedral (14)

*Rik Meleet may or may not approve the rush. Follow his instructions on the subject.

Worker Actions

Asyut: Clear jungle and irrigate it.
Heliopolis: Railroad the irrigated plains and the mined hills.
Hieraconpolis: Irrigated the two mined plains.

Laborers placement

Giza & Thebes : At turn 4, they will grow. Place the last citizen as an Entertainer if there is another luxury cancellation.
Heliopolis: At turn 4, place the new citizen on the irrigated plains
Hieraconpolis: Place the citizen on the irrigated plains, and any growth on the other plains.

Pre-turn is starting NOW.

Please do NOT edit your instructions. Please post any changes, deletions or additions as new posts.

Thanks!

It was a grand span of years for Fanatica! The Industrial Revolution has taken root in our lands! Factories are sprouting up everywhere, including a grand Iron Works in Iron Hill. Our machines how use something called Replaceable Parts. Now. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I can tell you our rail crews are much faster, and our soldiers are now called Infantry, and regularly defeat even our best Cavalry units in battle!

Nearly every city is now connected to the TFRR. Only Grozny remains. Our workers are now concentrating on developing the land of Fanatica to become as productive as possible.

Yes, it was a great set of years. Our coffers are flush, and more coming in every day! Hopefully we can continue our upgrade program, and speed the progress of civic buildings with this money.

Game Save

Chat Log

Top Bottom