Xbox or Gamecube?

• Xbox

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Gamecube

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters

Steve Winer

Shock the monkey...
I really do not want the PS2 for Christmas, becausse I usually play it at my friends' house. So, what would you recommend I get for Christmas, Xbox, or Gamecube?

Still PS2. :D Why play at a friend's house, when you can play at your own? Many great PS2 games are for single players. ;)

a new PC. ;) Since that isn't one of the options I will go with GameCube...the system I would like to get.

Maybe X-Box.Forget game cube and Nintendo.Remember NES?SNES?N64?...thats enough obsolete systems.

You should have PS2 for yourself.A cd and dvd player as well as a gaming device.Pretty good deal if you think about it.Price has dropped dramatically as well.

Vice City will only be seen on PS2 of the consoles.So will future GTA games.That alone is reason enough.

I vote PS2 as well. I've got one and wouldn't trade it for those other two wretched consoles. But if you're picking between the Box and the Cube, go with the Box.

The Box has Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, MechWarriors, Metal Gear Solid 2 and a bunch of other grown-up titles (though its game list is relatively short). Plus (from what I hear it looks good - just about every review I've seen says the Xbox version of just about every game looks "better," whatever that means, than the PS2 version.

The Cube has Super Mario Sunshine, all the Sonic games and (soon) Zelda. If you're older than 12 (and in your profile you claim to be a few years past that), you've pretty much outgrown the gamecube.

Originally posted by Steve Winer
I really do not want the PS2 for Christmas, becausse I usually play it at my friends' house. So, what would you recommend I get for Christmas, Xbox, or Gamecube?
I guess you have your own "reason" for not wanting a PS2 (not a really good one in my opinion ;)) but whatever it has the best games out of all three systems.
and I would recomend it.
but I think the best way to decide is to figure out which type of games you like the best and which games you want the most. If you like RPG's, stratagy, horror or PC type games then go with the PS2, If you like sports, racing, and adult themed ;) games then go with the X-Box. If you like classic type or kiddy games then go with the game cube.
Its ultimitly up to you to decide which kind of games you like, also the systems themselfs might have some Impact too.
like the X-Box has that massively oversized controler, but the gamecube has next to horrible selection of good games, The PS2 can double as a DVD, but the X-Box can go online against other X-Boxes, but you have to pay extra for that.
The PS2 can play PS1 games, but the X-Box is from microsoft.
Personally I nor anyone else here should not make that desision for you, only you can make that desision and I bet you had already made It before you even posted about it here.
so follow your gut and go and get that system you have been leaning towards sinse the begining, which ever that may be. :crazyeye:

The Game Cube then! Forget the X-box.

PS2 would be your best bet. But saying you don't want one I would go with the GameCube. I think it has better games than the xbox.

GAMECUBE!
GAMECUBE!
GAMECUBE!

Originally posted by Wolfe Tone
PS2 would be your best bet. But saying you don't want one I would go with the GameCube. I think it has better games than the xbox.
I think he speeds a good amount of time at his friends house who has a PS2 so I say go with the Cube. It would be different if he didn't.

I'm faced with a similar decision since I stand to come across a windfall of cash and have decided to indulge myself.

I basically want NBA 2k3, which is available for all three. I prefer Nintendo as a company over Microsoft & Sony, so that weighs in.

Then I looked at prices. NBA 2k3 is $40 on the GameCube, $50 on the other two. GameCube system is $150 new, $200 for the other two systems.
The choice is clear, I save $60 by going Nintendo :D

Just might add that to point out, the GameCube IS $50 cheaper if that has any effect on your decision.

Good point. It was awesome when the GC was 100 bucks cheaper than even the PS2 that was out for a whole year longer than the GC. I was so close to buying the GC but money problems reared their ugly heads. :(

Originally posted by munzy
Good point. It was awesome when the GC was 100 bucks cheaper than even the PS2 that was out for a whole year longer than the GC. I was so close to buying the GC but money problems reared their ugly heads. :(
Yeah, munzy AKA Palehorse76 :D, good point there.

Money problems shldn't be an issue with true-blood gamers though... :p

MUNZY??? WTF??? :confused:

PS2 definitely. If it were me, I wouldn't choose XBox or GameCube. I'd save my money. GameCube has like 4 games out. XBox is Xbox. Eh...

GameCube may be cheaper than PS2 but I never seen no tiny DVD's it can play... :)

If you want to look into the future and decide which company will stick around, that's a whole new topic. Sega is out of the picture of hardware THANK GOD. You KNOW Sony will be there. Will XBox or GC?

Save your money.

Originally posted by ainwood
OK, this is completely off-topic, but:

- If Munzy = PH, then who is Munzy76? The evil twin? Or an evil DL? :hmm:
I have started a new thread on the PH76-munzy affair in Site Feedback. Sorry for threadjacking... :)

Xbox has some really nice games. I like it a lot better than the other consoles.

This thing isn't letting me vote! Help!
If I could, I would definitely vote GCN. XBox has an awkward controller, bulky system, the games are no better than GCN, and much more expensive.
As for the obsolete systems, keep in mind that Nintendo is releasing new systems at the SAME RATE as Sony. NES and SNES were pre-Sony. The period between N64 and GCN was five years. Gues how long between Playstation and PS2... FIVE YEARS!
As for not wanting a PS2, Steve Winer is just showing his intelligence.

Wrong!Playstation1 was released at the same time or just after the NES.It was very expensive for the day but look at the mileage people got out of it.

You can get xbox or GC,but you will be sorry.Mark my words.

Top Bottom