[GS] Gameplay becomes progressively sluggish; slow renders, poor command (click) response

dojoboy

Tsalagi
I've started two games in GS and both start becoming progressivley sluggish around 1300's-1500's. Both games on standard size maps with the default number of rivals/city-states. Graphics set low, where I always play games - which what made this issue so noticeable.

Excerpts from my Aspyr support ticket. They responded, asking for additional details per SOP. Sent them a couple save files as well.

Gathering Storm becomes extremely sluggish after about 15 minutes of gameplay. Units respond poorly to commands; delayed action and jerky. Can provide a save if helpful. Feels like it may be a memory leak.

I did play a save from R&F and it played smoothly, as designed. When loading and playing a late-game R&F save file everything renders quickly, as designed.

I am seeing something similar on a recent game - Small map, mostly on Builder moves for some reason... not sure if the number of mods I am using could have anything to do with it?

*EDIT*

Actually, it's also when the map jumps around... maybe more manageable by using 'Quick Movemment' = Disabled

Last edited:
I turned on quick movement and battles. No change. For me it’s often with apostles. And, it also seems to be around a general map area.

Top Bottom