German playthrough 14/6/13

When he first started gameplay, the settler, when he clicked it, the tile yields came up, when he clicked away to the warrior, they went away.......is that something new? I don't remember that, I always had to pull up the overlay manually.

When he first started gameplay, the settler, when he clicked it, the tile yields came up, when he clicked away to the warrior, they went away.......is that something new? I don't remember that, I always had to pull up the overlay manually.

It's always been that way for me.

kingchris: IIRC, there's a setting in the game right now where if you select a civilian unit (or maybe just a Worker/Settler), the tile yields show up.

kingchris: IIRC, there's a setting in the game right now where if you select a civilian unit (or maybe just a Worker/Settler), the tile yields show up.

It works with GP's too.

the more I read about the culture policy improvements, the more I hope that it is easier to achieve policies.

Think about it, there are two new policy branches, and lots of policy tenants under the ideologies. In a normal game currently, I may only fill up 3 branches (if I dont focus on culture). There are so many new options, and with people now focusing on tourism alongside of culture, I hope it is easier to achieve some of these policies.

In this instance, I would love to fill out the Piety tree ASAP, but I dont know if I could abandon the Tradition or Liberty tree for it...

Did anyone catch the details for the new Mandate from Heaven replacement? He hovered near the border and the tooltip flashed. Maybe I'm just imagining things. Good to finally see the reformation beliefs. Glad I can finally be a warmongering, pious, science-loving civilization.

It shouldn't be easy because there has to be consequences of choice, not choosing from abundance. In other words, in the early game, you have to make the choice between tradition and piety - you should not be able to do both. The choice must be difficult or else it would not be a strategy game.

Here's one for the Modders; If Morocco builds Casablanca, and someone builds the Hollywood Wonder, can Morocco build a Nightclub in Casablanca as a Tourist Site?
I would be shocked, yes, shocked if this were not possible...

Maybe it's just me, but evangelism sounds like it could be very strong. I get really annoyed when missionaries stop being useful, and you switch to exponentially priced great prophets. It also would work very well with GMoD, the cheaper missionary piety policy and the cheaper missionary enhancer (with both they're half cost).

Did anyone catch the details for the new Mandate from Heaven replacement? He hovered near the border and the tooltip flashed. Maybe I'm just imagining things. Good to finally see the reformation beliefs. Glad I can finally be a warmongering, pious, science-loving civilization.

IIRC we have seen it already, and it is the 20% discount on purchasing religious units and buildings that is part of the finisher in G&K.

I can't wait to see the Ethiopian Mandate of Heaven's Religious Fervor Giant Death Robot faith purchasing strategy!

Motherland Calls art splash was shown again. Outdated info or is there still a possibility it will be a new Wonder?

That's a wastew of faith AND uranium. Nuke with LovE!!

"Oh, Lord. We despise the vile Persians so. Grant nuclear missiles unto us so that we might smite the enemies of heaven. Your will be done. Amen"

"Oh, Lord. We despise the vile Persians so. Grant nuclear missiles unto us so that we might smite the enemies of heaven. Your will be done. Amen"

:lol:

If only; you can only buy land units with faith.:/

It's obviously one of the reformation beliefs that was chosen already.
''May buy missiles with faith''.

The fact that the city was on a river gave them +25% trading bonus! :)
When the trading system was first announced I remember a thread speculating on the use of rivers now that the "+1 gold on river tiles" has been removed, and here it is. AriochIV predicted that they would include some benefit in the new trade route system from rivers aswell.

noncognosco: I would believe it much more likely for the Persians to be praying so. ;) ;) After all, we Americans already have more nukes than we can use.

Boris: I would love for that to be an Achievement for Morocco: "Build the Hollywood Wonder in Casablanca."

Top Bottom