German playthrough 14/6/13

I think you're parsing words unnecessarily.
Definitely possible.

However, Civ V has always been strict with the distinction of building and buying/purchasing stuff. Maybe it's just "poor wording" in a press build. OTOH it could mean that science buildings are not directly available like with a "normal purchase". Especially since science is crucial in Civ, and we had already some discussion if this direct purchasing of science buldings could be too strong or not.

I suppose the alternative to poor wording on Firaxis's part would be that your faith per turn is added to your production per turn to calculate how long it will take to build a science building. That seems like it would be really awkward and difficult to explain to someone in-game (IE without directing them to CivFanatics to ask the question).

I suppose the alternative to poor wording on Firaxis's part would be that your faith per turn is added to your production per turn to calculate how long it will take to build a science building.
That's my interpretation as well. Faith will be converted into hammers.
Either you can produce science building just with your faith per turn, or you can use normal production AND faith-transferred hammers together to speed up the building time.

1. It doesn't prevent weird situations as you could never gain religion after getting reformation or even not gain pantheon by the time you adopt reformation.

2. The point of allowing reformation without founding a religion was historical accuracy. Pantheon reformation would be quite opposite.

True.... It might work like Legalism in G&K . If you haven't founded a 4th city or gotten the tech, then the cultural building appears after you have that prerequisite..instead of when you pick the tech.
So it could be you can pick Reformation without a Religion... and as soon as you get a religion (like with the finisher). Then you get the reformation belief.

Also, as for not getting a Pantheon..I wouldn't be surprised if either Organized Religion OR "Religious Tolerance" didn't give you a free Pantheon Belief (since it appears 2 pantheon beliefs were present). Which means you would be guaranteed a Pantheon...and potentially a faith bonus one towards your religion.

Regarding picking Reformation later, it is VERY possible that's how it works, if you built Hagia Sophia without founding a Pantheon then you pick it when you found a religion.

Starting at about 8:05, when the reviewer is talking about Ideologies, there appears to be new icon for the Great Merchant. Or Great something rather.

Attachments

• BNW updated GM.png
    BNW updated GM.png
    148.9 KB · Views: 391
Starting at about 8:05, when the reviewer is talking about Ideologies, there appears to be new icon for the Great Merchant. Or Great something rather.

Yeah, that's the modern great merchant symbol. It's been in the files for a while (along with modern variants for the other great people) but for some reason they're only now putting it in the game.

Regarding picking Reformation later, it is VERY possible that's how it works, if you built Hagia Sophia without founding a Pantheon then you pick it when you found a religion.

I think you should be *required* to have a religion in at least one of your cities to get a reformation belief, I just don't think you need to have *founded* a religion in order to get it! It would be a great game-play mechanic for someone who didn't *found* a religion to be able to have-not so much a religion of their own-but a religion slightly different from the one that was founded previously.

Aussie.

I just noticed the Archaeologist's Icon looks different, he looks less like Indiana Jones now :(

Top one is from some time ago, been in the Screenshots gallery since March 29

Bottom one is from this video 8:05ish

Unless I just haven't noticed it until now...

Attachments

• ArchaeologistComparison.jpg
    ArchaeologistComparison.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 277
I just noticed the Archaeologist's Icon looks different, he looks less like Indiana Jones now :(

Top one is from some time ago, been in the Screenshots gallery since March 29

Bottom one is from this video 8:05ish

Unless I just haven't noticed it until now...

Arioch's Well of Souls has spotted that for a while (I also always laugh when the Information Thread somebody posts old news because it's been on Arioch's Well fo Souls page for ages now xD

Well darn, I liked the Indiana Jones style a lot better :(

Ever meet an archaeologist? Less Harrison Ford, more chunky sweaters, real ale and scurf.

haha generally yeah :p
Though I once had an Australian archaeology lecturer who would come in to class with the hat and jacket and liked talking about Indiana Jones. He almost looked the part, but just without the whip. probably school regulations didn't let him take one in to class... :(

Ever meet an archaeologist? Less Harrison Ford, more chunky sweaters, real ale and scurf.

This guy must be the most stylish archaeologist around:

Spoiler :

(and yes, for any UK posters, that is indeed Professor Mick Aston of Time Team fame...)

Im just saying, games are in entertainment, Indiana Jones is in entertainment, therefore games should have Indiana Jones (where applicable) at all times :)

Im just saying, games are in entertainment, Indiana Jones is in entertainment, therefore games should have Indiana Jones (where applicable) at all times :)

You run into a problem when Indiana Jones shows up in Star Wars . . . although, Coming To America did have Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall playing multiple roles.

EDIT: nevermind. I thought you said MOVIES should have Indiana Jones at all time. I'm still tired.

This guy must be the most stylish archaeologist around:

Spoiler :

(and yes, for any UK posters, that is indeed Professor Mick Aston of Time Team fame...)

Just to say: RIP Mick :(

Top Bottom