Rhye

's and Fall creator
...for a quick check.

If you've got BTS, open:
CIV4GameText_Victory2.xml
CIV4GameText_VictoryBTS.xml
CIV4GameText_VictoryWarlords.xml
CIV4GameText_RFC_FifthRound.xml

and please check that all the "by XXX AD" or "in XXX AD" are translated correctly.
Please write here the changes, so that I'll integrate them into the new patch

Ok, I'm done. It's quite a few changes I made, because (I've experienced this the hard way) it is crucial for the victory conditions to be as exact as possible:

CIV4GameText_Victory2.xml:

EGY1:
<German>Haben Sie im Jahr 700 v. Chr. (Runde 86) mehr als 500 Kulturpunkte</German>

EGY3:
<German>Haben Sie im Jahr 450 n. Chr. (Runde 143) mehr als 5.000 Kulturpunkte</German>

IND3:
<German>Haben Sie im Jahr 1200 n. Chr. die weltweit höchste Bevölkerungszahl</German>

CHI3:
<German>Befehligen Sie im Jahr 1600 n. Chr. eine Armee mit 120 Einheiten</German>

PER1:
<German>Kontrollieren Sie im Jahr 600 n. Chr. (Runde 151) 8% der Weltkarte</German>

PER2:
<German>Kontrollieren Sie im Jahr 700 n. Chr. (Runde 161) 7 Weltwunder</German>

ROM2:
<German>Kontrollieren Sie im Jahr 450 n. Chr. (Runde 143) das gesamte historische Gebiet des Weströmischen Reiches

</German>

JAP1:
<German>Erzielen Sie im Jahr 1500 n. Chr. den ersten Platz in der Punktewertung</German>

JAP2:
<German>Keine fremde Kultur auf dem Territorium von Honshu (japanisches Kernland) im Jahr 1700 n. Chr.</German>

INC2:
<German>Verfügen Sie im Jahr 1700 n. Chr. über 3.000 Gold</German>

AZT2:
<German>Lassen Sie im Jahr 1700 n. Chr. keine europäischen Städte in Zentralamerika, im Süden der USA und in der

Karibik zu</German>

CIV4GameText_VictoryBTS.xml:

KHM2:
<German>Haben Sie im Jahr 1450 n. Chr. eine durchschnittliche Stadtgröße von 10 oder mehr</German>

CIV4GameText_VictoryWarlords.xml:

BAB3:
<German>Sorgen Sie dafür, dass Babylon im Jahr 700 v. Chr. (Runde 86) die größte Stadt der Welt ist.</German>

VIK1:
<German>Verfügen Sie im Jahr 1500 n. Chr. über 5.000 Gold</German>

CIV4GameText_RFC_FifthRound.xml:

CAR2:
<German>Kontrollieren Sie im Jahr 350 n. Chr. (Runde 138) 7 Küstenstädte im Mittelmeerraum</German>

TUR2:
<German>Kontrollieren Sie im Jahr 1700 n. Chr. den Balkan, das Schwarze Meer und Mesopotamien</German>

TUR3:
<German>Haben Sie im Jahr 1870 n. Chr. mindestens 3 Vasallenstaaten</German>

ETH2:
<German>Lassen Sie im Jahr 1500 n. Chr. keine europäischen Kolonien im östlichen und subäquatorialen Afrika

zu</German>

ETH3:
<German>Lassen Sie im Jahr 1910 n. Chr. keine europäischen Kolonien im östlichen und subäquatorialen Afrika

zu</German>

KHM1:
<German>Haben Sie im Jahr 1450 n. Chr. mehr als 12.000 Kulturpunkte</German>

HOL1:
<German>Weisen Sie im Jahr 1600 n. Ch. die am weitesten aufgedeckte Gebietskarte vor</German>

POR1:
<German>Weisen Sie im Jahr 1500 n. Ch. die am weitesten aufgedeckte Gebietskarte vor</German>

POR2:
<German>Verfügen Sie im Jahr 1650 n. Chr. über Offene-Grenzen-Abkommen mit 11 anderen Zivilisationen</German>

AME1:
<German>Lassen Sie im Jahr 1900 n. Chr. keine europäischen Städte in Nord- und Zentralamerika und in der Karibik

zu</German>

INC1:
<German>Lassen Sie im Jahr 1600 n. Chr. keine europäischen Siedlungen in Südamerika (mit Ausnahme von Brasilien)

zu</German>

INC3:
<German>Lassen Sie im Jahr 1800 n. Chr. keine europäischen Siedlungen in Südamerika (mit Ausnahme von Brasilien)

zu</German>

MAL1:
<German>Verfügen Sie im Jahr 1300 n. Chr. weltweit über das meiste Gold</German>

MAL2:
<German>Verfügen Sie im Jahr 1500 n. Chr. über 4.000 Gold</German>

MAL3:
<German>Verfügen Sie im Jahr 1700 n. Chr. über 16.000 Gold</German>

GER1:
<German>Kontrollieren Sie im Jahr 1870 n. Chr. Rom, Griechenland und Frankreich</German>

GER2:
<German>Kontrollieren Sie im Jahr 1940 n. Chr. Skandinavien, England und Russland</German>

FRA1:
<German>Sorgen Sie dafür, dass Paris im Jahr 1700 n. Chr. die kulturell bedeutendste Stadt ist.</German>

SPA3:
<German>Kontrollieren Sie im Jahr 1760 n. Chr. das gesamte Territorium der Azteken und der Inka</German>

ARA1:
<German>Kontrollieren Sie im Jahr 1300 n. Chr. 3 Heilige Städte</German>

PER3:
<German>Kontrollieren Sie im Jahr 700 n. Chr. (Runde 161) 2 heilige Schreine</German>

They sounded good and were correct, grammar-wise.
But most of them can only be used in a way that is not accurate game-wise, for example:

PER2, original: <German>Bringen Sie bis zum Jahr 700 n. Chr. (Runde 161) 7 Weltwunder unter Ihre Kontrolle</German>

This means that you must gain control over 7 world wonders before 700 AD, which is not what the english original says:
<English>Control 7 world wonders in 700 AD (Turn 161)</English>.

I changed it into:
which means that you have to have control in the year of 700 AD. I changed the term of "unter Kontrolle bringen" (="gain control of") to "kontrollieren" (="control", "have control of").

Wow, explaining details of difficult languages like german in another language to another not-native-speaker is quite difficult :crazyeye:

They sounded good and were correct, grammar-wise.
But most of them can only be used in a way that is not accurate game-wise, for example:

PER2, original: <German>Bringen Sie bis zum Jahr 700 n. Chr. (Runde 161) 7 Weltwunder unter Ihre Kontrolle</German>

This means that you must gain control over 7 world wonders before 700 AD, which is not what the english original says:
<English>Control 7 world wonders in 700 AD (Turn 161)</English>.

I changed it into:
which means that you have to have control in the year of 700 AD. I changed the term of "unter Kontrolle bringen" (="gain control of") to "kontrollieren" (="control", "have control of").

Wow, explaining details of difficult languages like german in another language to another not-native-speaker is quite difficult :crazyeye:

um, not to sound like a dick, but although you changed the words, you in no way changed the meaning or sense of it. controlling 7 world wonders in 700AD is essentially having them under control BY then. one can't exist without the other.

and to be perfectly honest, in proper german, "bis zum Jahr x" sounds a lot better than just "im". it's just a more accurate self explanatory way.

just a heads up

um, not to sound like a dick, but although you changed the words, you in no way changed the meaning or sense of it. controlling 7 world wonders in 700AD is essentially having them under control BY then. one can't exist without the other.

You are simply incorrect. I won't judge what you sound like.

Controlling 7 wonders in 700AD is checked once during the game for a pass or fail.

Controlling 7 wonders by 700AD must be checked every turn before and including 700AD for a pass or fail.

These are not the same thing. Apparently the difference is lost on you, but thankfully it is not to others.

just a heads up

Just a heads up.

this has nothing at all to do with the scripts. you miss the point. the goal is to have acquired that many world wonders in 700AD which means by then you are bound to have them because it's highly unlikely you acquire them IN the exact same year.

so this means that of course the script will check only in 700AD but the resulting GOAL is to have the world wonders by then because it's the only time it checks.

please don't argue about this with me, i'm fairly certain i can outclass you in the language that i studied and grew up with.

Assuming you translated accurately in your first post this isn't a language issue, and besides you were originally disputing something with memdee who is a native speaker. I agree with blizzrd, the difference between BY 700 AD and IN 700 AD is significant -- in the former you get the goal (and thus perhaps the triumphal arch or even the win) whenever you meet the required target in the latter you can't get it until 700 AD. It's not a huge thing but it is there.

Also there's the issue that you could control the required amount of wonders but then lose some again before the check is made.

I don't speak any German, but I do know the difference in English between:

Control 7 wonders before 700AD
Control 7 wonders in 700AD

You were the only person to use by 700AD actually, the issue as memdee explained it was that the previous script translated as before 700AD not by 700AD.

Top Bottom