Get it on...Bang a Gong Diplo thread

Are we good to go on this? Any other adjustments? I added the penalty for slow research. If we're good could someone apply the bunny seal.

THE GONG BABES TREATY

Rules of the House

Military:

No Fighting
-Teams Gong and Babes will live in peace and not take any miltary action towards each other, nor will they in any other way support a third party in conflict with the other part in this treaty.

No Gatecrashing
-Entering each others territory is prohibited unless the other part accepts the visit. Visitors are required to announce type and number of units before entering.

Techs:

Spead the gossip
-Teams Gong and Babes will collaborate in research of new technologies. No third team is to be part of this collaboration unless teams Gong and Babes both agree on that. There will be a discussion regarding tech speed going into each tech. Any delay per the discussion will equal to lump sum 20g per turn of delay.

There's a tab set up behind the bar

-Negotiations on details will take place whenever the situation calls for it. If teams cannot agree in negotiations, the tech part of the treaty may be nullified in all, alternatively put on hold until an agreement can be reached.

Rescourses:

Share and share alike
-When possible, teams Gong and Babes will share rescourses needed for optimal development of our civs. No luxury/rescourse is to be denied the other part as long as an agreed payment for it can be carried out.
-Trading luxes/rescourses with third party is only allowed if both teams agree.

Duration:

Lock in lasts till dawn

This treaty is valid from the date that both teams have sealed it.
It will last until both teams are the last ones standing.
This treaty can otherwise only be canceled if (1) both teams agree on doing so, or (2) if one side delibriatly violates it.

Awwww, that sounds so sweet and cozy. Besides the "bunny" seal, it should also be sealed with a K.I.S.S. :p

If no one has an aversion to this I'd like to send it off today.

yeah. I'm still not happy about the last paragraph but not enough to delay things jsut for that

The 20g per turn should read a lump sum of 20 G per turn delayed, correct?

Edited. All we need is to send it off.

yeah. I'm still not happy about the last paragraph but not enough to delay things jsut for that

The 20g per turn should read a lump sum of 20 G per turn delayed, correct?

I wouldn't worry about that too much. I think we could argue that a couple one-tile islands could not be defined as 'standing,' it would be 'lying on life support' and therefore not a violation of the treaty. ;)

from GONG, they have the extremely irritating (nicest word I could find for my feelings) attitude about being in a position to once again disrupt tech transfers and carry out deals already in place. I find the "treaty" to be less important than the word we have given them. Stupid bastards!"!!!!!! No thanks, they say. When we have supplied them with a quick entry into MA. Oh, how I regret us starting this cooperation. They are simply to stupid to work with in my opinion. First the Rick chaos then this. Is there no end to their stupidity?????????
Hi there Babes
Some of us Gongers are beginning to make up stories about your apperently vague interest in inking a deal with us. Some even say there is a hidden agenda behind that, an agenda that in no way plays in Gongers favour. Very much not so, some say. In fact we're about to send a lot of Gongers to the south coast just look out over the ocean to see if you've fallen asleep. This is not good because they would be of better use as MP's (The Beer Pyramid effect. People are zonked y'know).
To put an end to thees fantasies we require a written response to our suggested treaty. You've had 1 week to put something together and have produced zip and nothing besides "Ooops, sorry". The quality of team Babes players is far beyond that.
From our point of view, the treaty must be signed and sealed by both teams before further trading take place (first stop Mono for Feud) or we will concider your silence a "No Thanks" from Babes.

Best
Daghie, Behind the Beer Kit

EDIT: They'd better give us Mono this turn, not another Rick episode please. make sure to tell this this and use simple words so they have a chance to understand it.

We have taken awhile so i can see their PoV however its quite annoying and i figure we should get that treaty off likety split.

Well we either make our way with these guys or Saber because the other two are obviously deeply together. What does everyone think? I don't see any other choice.

Well we have to stick with them really, we're already too prepared against saber to go any other way. Not only that but saber seem to be the most backward+best UU. Whilst i also feel turning on Gong is flirting with the idea of Dishonour i dont really like.

I think they are simply irritated why we take so long to reply. Can we send the treaty back now to get them feel at ease?
We have no choice but to stick with them and take out Saber soon. I hope we can smoothen things and they finish the GL which should be in about 2 turns, isn't it?

Whomp./.. smooth things over with them.. coo in their ears.. all that other stuff you do. The other option is to kill them next and take the GLib

OK I can't send the treaty back by email till later. Should I just pm it without our bunny signature and tell them to look it over and send it back for signature?

yes.. PM (10 chars)

There's a pdf with the signatures and all in the gmail.
Here's how it reads.
THE GONG BABES TREATY
Rules of the HouseMilitary:No Fighting-Teams Gong and Babes will live in peace and not take any miltary action towards each other, nor will they in any other way support a third party in conflict with the other part in this treaty.

No Gatecrashing-Entering each others territory is prohibited unless the other part accepts the visit. Visitors are required to announce type and number of units before entering.

Techs:Spead the gossip-Teams Gong and Babes will collaborate in research of new technologies. No third team is to be part of this collaboration unless teams Gong and Babes both agree on that. There will be a discussion regarding tech speed going into each tech. Any delay per the discussion will equal to lump sum 20g per turn of delay. There's a tab set up behind the bar

-Negotiations on details will take place whenever the situation calls for it. If teams cannot agree in negotiations, the tech part of the treaty may be nullified in all, alternatively put on hold until an agreement can be reached.

Rescourses:Share and share alike-When possible, teams Gong and Babes will share rescourses needed for optimal development of our civs. No luxury/rescourse is to be denied the other part as long as an agreed payment for it can be carried out. -Trading luxes/rescourses with third party is only allowed if both teams agree.Duration:Lock in lasts till dawn.

This treaty is valid from the date that both teams have sealed it. It will last until both teams are the last ones standing. This treaty can otherwise only be canceled if (1) both teams agree on doing so, or (2) if one side delibriatly violates it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page 2
The Babes and our stamp of approval.The Gongers stamp of approval

so why does everyone think that we need seals on stuff. I guess MIA and their infernal Photoshopping will live forever :grrr:

Well it seems I am more known than knowledgeable: here's a pm I just got and the information-stripped, though actually honest, reply. I clumsily left the door open for the possibility of further communications. With some luck we could make something out of this. I'll volunteer to be an instrument of diplomatic war, but it might suck if you leave it to my good judgement. I'm open to suggestions and directives for further replies, as well as completely engineered texts.

jb1964: How's things going for you in the Babe camp? said:
Hiya BeF,

I saw you lurking the MTDG thread and then noted you're on the Babe team os I thought I would say hi.

I've been back and forth w/ Whomp furiously since about turn 90. I hope you're actively participating in the Babe strategy because this is an interesting map w/ some interesting dynamics.

Best Regards,

jb
Heya big ogre,

It is a very interesting map indeed, with a huge lot of potential. Regrettably, I have travelled a bit earlier this summer, then moved houses July 1st and just got internet again so I'm quite a bit out of the loop - but I'm catching up.

A shame about the fury w/ Whomper, I must say I never really met the dark side of his mod'ness.

Bestester salutations,
B

I think that jb was meaning furiously as in "quite a lot" instead of furiously as in "I'm killin me a cow tonight!!"

Indeed:

jb said:
Just a point of clarification... Whomp and I have been communication in a whirlwind fashion, rapidly zipping PM’s back and forth. The communication has been very good with a minimum of actual fury/upset’edness.

So I haven't seen Whomp's dark-side. Maybe just the side that's a bit shaded.

Frankly it seems most of the fury is being saved up for Saber but that’s just my assumption. I think it’s a good one, but still just an assumption.
So what manner of disinformation should follow, regarding SABER ?

I think they realize we're on our way to pounding them so I don't think it matters too much. Our manifest destiny is sealed now! :dance:

Top Bottom