Getting around launch as Admin for mergers

It would install to mydocuments\My Games\${BTS}, because that folder exists and there is the civ4 ini
Why would you do that though, what's so wrong about usersettings in the mod folder?

nvm, I should really read the thread titles once in a while.

Did it do it though? I mean it should, but did it do it? I don't have thousands of $$$ to check that it works with exterantl drives, especially to see if $documents is handled correctly. If it does do it right, how does it know which letter to pick for the drive, how does the OS know which hardrive is correct for the reserved variables to refer to, like how does NSIS know not to pick C: and picks T: when %SMPrograms is refered to? I suppose this is what I'm curious about. Also that $Documents sent the UserSettings folder to the right place, cause I have no way to test it....

There is a registry key that points to the install, and $DOCUMENTS points to mydocuments folder, it's windows thing that will always return the right/current one for this user. Drive letters will not matter here, the registry keys return full paths that all include a drive letter, your installer will find the folders all right.
In the code you posted there is no progams dir variable, and why would there be? It would make sense to check if installdir is a child of programsdir AND if windows version is bigger than 6.0, and if not, just skip all this splitting into mod and usersettings and install everything to the mod folder. But that's not what your script does.

I am so sure that it will install usersettings to mydocuments that I see no point in actually installing, sorry.

edit: Thx for the headsup though,
I have my own installer now, which only looks for mydocuments for settings when it detects vista/7.

Top Bottom