Getting Started

Angkor Wat change was in the patch itself.

I didn't adjust the cost of purchasing buildings in this mod, it's at vanilla values. I highly recommend trying out the City State Diplomacy Mod by Gazebo. I think it fixes the citystate problem very well.

Sure, I've added that now.

I try and avoid redundant information when possible - the version's in prominent text both on the website and download page.

I wouldn't worry about it - when changing the format of information dissemination a little redundancy can't hurt.

I've tried to load a save v5 with v5.2 but it doesn't work, if there's a way to make it work ?

Also I've added specialized barb to my mods but it doesn't use it when I load my save, same question.

I've also noticed that the AI is way too friendly with the newest balance mod. Maybe the new patch made undocumented changes to AI diplomacy. I'm going to disable WWGD as well.

I've tried to load a save v5 with v5.2 but it doesn't work, if there's a way to make it work ?

Same for me. Get a message saying there is a mod needed for the save that is not loaded. I re-deleted the cache etc prior to replacing v5 with 5.2..and all the same mods are definitely loaded (infoAddict(v10), CivWillard(v1), TBC(v5.2) and CSD(v2.9)).

I noticed that there is an extra folder in v5.2 (DLC-Polynesia) that was not in my download for v5. Is the added folder perhaps making Civ V think that v5.2 is therefore a different mod to v5, thereby not allowing the save to be loaded?

PS - I have both the Spain/Inca and Polynesia DLC and have removed the "no" in front of the respective files in the mod.

Cheers :)

I've also noticed that the AI is way too friendly with the newest balance mod. Maybe the new patch made undocumented changes to AI diplomacy. I'm going to disable WWGD as well.

To do this, all you need to do is change the name of GlobalDiplomacyAIDefines.xml to _GlobalDiplomacyAIDefines.xml

That will get rid of any behavioral changes from the AI relating to diplomacy.

Same for me. Get a message saying there is a mod needed for the save that is not loaded. I re-deleted the cache etc prior to replacing v5 with 5.2..and all the same mods are definitely loaded (infoAddict(v10), CivWillard(v1), TBC(v5.2) and CSD(v2.9)).

I noticed that there is an extra folder in v5.2 (DLC-Polynesia) that was not in my download for v5. Is the added folder perhaps making Civ V think that v5.2 is therefore a different mod to v5, thereby not allowing the save to be loaded?

PS - I have both the Spain/Inca and Polynesia DLC and have removed the "no" in front of the respective files in the mod.

Cheers :)

Don't quote me on this, but v5 and v5.2 might have different Mod IDs, since 5 is a public release and 5.2 a separate beta mod.

Thank you for pointing it out, I've reverted to the original mod ID and released v5.3 with it. I was trying to change the mod ID at one point to merge it with an earlier modbuddy project, the Terrain Improvements one. It didn't work out so well and broke my account, I'm unable to log on now. :(

By the way Sneaks, is it possible to upload mods again yet? I tried once and ModBuddy crashed, then broke my new account too so I'm unable to log on that either. I got frustrated and quit trying for a while. Every time an account breaks I lose a potential name for the mod that can be never used again. :badcomp:

I've decided not to attempt until I see a mod uploaded after Feb 23 show up in the Browser.

Thank you for pointing it out, I've reverted to the original mod ID and released v5.3 with it.

Thanks mate, the save game is loading fine now.

Thanks again for all your work on the mods guys ... I "rediscovered" Civ IV for awhile (hadn't played any Civ for over a year before V came out) given the shocking state of Civ V on release. I had forgotten what a wonderful game IV truly is. Anyway I just was really was not enjoying V.

I Decided to give V another try after the latest patch and TBC update. So far its been a very enjoyable game and you guys are certainly doing top work. I still prefer IV as a better game overall, but now at least I am enjoying V too. I am sure with future patches and you fellas running your eyes over things, Civ V will continue to improve.

Cant be a bad thing to have two fun versions of Civ on my harddrive!

To do this, all you need to do is change the name of GlobalDiplomacyAIDefines.xml to _GlobalDiplomacyAIDefines.xml

That will get rid of any behavioral changes from the AI relating to diplomacy.

I just downloaded version 5.3 of the balance and it looks like Thal already underscored that file, thanks.

its still a new feature, so i am sure he is still trying to figure out how to best adapt it.

I'm playing a Huge Small Continents map with low sea level and sparse resources, and anything was fine before i discovered oil. It's really, really not sparse! I assume, the same problem will occur with aluminium.
This is caused by the way extra oil is placed in AssignStartingPlots.lua. My proposition is to change it to so the extra oil is added to current amount of already placed, so no new resources are placed on map.

I have a question about city placement. It's my understanding that you have to have at least three empty hexes between cities. If yes, then something is not working right for the AI is placing cities three hexes away with only two hexes between. Is this a bug or did your mod change this back and everything working as intended?

I'm using 5.2 version.

I have a question about city placement. It's my understanding that you have to have at least three empty hexes between cities. If yes, then something is not working right for the AI is placing cities three hexes away with only two hexes between. Is this a bug or did your mod change this back and everything working as intended?

I'm using 5.2 version.

I believe that's still allowed if there's an ocean or mountain between the cities; is it possible that's what you're seeing?

I'm using 5.2 version.

TBC allows for 2 empty hexes between cities.

i don't know why but the ingame mod browser in Civ 5 doesn't seem to be working for me, the last mods posted seem to be always stuck at 23rd of february, is this the same for you guys or i need a re-install?

Your mod browser is fine, but mod uploading broke after the last patch so nobody is able to update them. You'll have to manually download mods until it's fixed.

Top Bottom