GFC Error from scratch?!?

dewell

Warlord
Hi there,

got another problem, the biggest one by now :mad:

Suddenly I can't start my mod anymore. After checking xml files I get the "GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme"

My mod is based on FFH2 but I renamed the folder. I worked on the text.xml, nothing special, tried a lot to find the error but whatever I do I just can't start the mod.

A few days ago I installed FfH2 again. Has been no problem, both mods worked well. A few minutes before the error occured I deleted the FfH2 folder and installed the mod again.

Perhaps this got something to do with this strange GFC error, I don't know :(

By now I'm really pissed :confused:

Perhaps important to know:
I opened CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml and saved it without changes beforce the crash occured first.

It is possible that the error was caused because you deleted the FfH folder. Just install FfH and let it be, and your modmod will run well.

I don't know the details, but I think it has to do with a file in FfH looking for something in FfH's directory. So when you rename (or delete) FfH's directory, the game crash. I learn this from a hard way, modmoded so many things and delete FfH, then the game crashed. I blamed on my modmodding but the true culprit was the missing FfH's directory :lol:

@Tholal: Thanks for the advice but I'm already far beyond that ;)
@esvath & deanej: Thanks a lot, I'm sure deleting the FfH mod was the trigger .. I just changed the paths in Civ4ArtDefines_Misc.xml and Resource\Civ4.thm to the new mod name but the error still occurs :(

After rename my mod to Fall From Heaven 2 and copying the resource folder and the artdefines_misc folder it finallay works ;)

Thanks a lot :)

Top Bottom