GFX-issue

FFH-fanboy

Chieftain
Let's see, where to beginn? I have a small GFX-issue, really nothing compared to the problems other people seem to experience but mildly annoying none the less. Certain mini-graphics seem to disappear and/or be replaced by blanks and/or odd letters. I'll post a little screen to show you what it looks like. Have a look at the mana icons:

The same thing happens in some detailed graphics such as buildings queue. See bottom right here:

This does not qualify as a major issue in any way but I did my homework pretty well and couldn't find any similar post. I can't help but think of two possible reasons;
1. I somehow failed at installing it correctly?
2. Vista 64 related issue?

Versions seem to check out, BTS 3.131 (manually downloaded and installed), FFH2 with patch T.

Any thoughts on what I could do to resolve this issue?

Sincerely,
The Fan

EDIT: Note the pretty red blob-mage in screen one! Did I fail to patch correctly?

Did you mean version 3.131 or BUILD version 3.131? Because the latest patch is 3.17... but it's also build version 3.1.3.1.

If you really did mean version 3.131 then you don't have the latest patch.

Did you mean version 3.131 or BUILD version 3.131? Because the latest patch is 3.17... but it's also build version 3.1.3.1.

If you really did mean version 3.131 then you don't have the latest patch.

My bad, buildversion 3.1.3.1, patch is 3.17 (Civ4BTS_Patch_v317), I do have the latest patch. Problem still there.

EDIT: Interesting, the mage-gone-blob-issue appears only for certain civs. Works just fine for some races, the issue of all the mini-icons seems to be universal. Surely someone has an idea of what the issue might be?

Your font file looks to be missing, no idea how that happened since you seem to be running the full mod. The red and black blobs were a problem in earlier versions, but should exist with t.

Look more closely I think your game is simply broke. You should turn on debug (instructions are int he bug thread) to see what error you are hitting first. You may want to reinstall.

How odd. This problem does not occur when running other mods or the original game (Civ 4 complete). Either way, I'll try to reinstall it (yay?) and report back. Thanks for the advice.

Update 1: This is a reference screen shot from Civ4 BTS prior to reinstall;

Fonts appear to be functional here.

Update 2: Kael, my friend, you are a God! This screen shot pretty much says it all.

Everything working as intended after a double reinstall. The problem might have been related to the fact that Vista 64 wants to install it in /owner/documents/my games. The first express installation didn't do the trick for me but on the second installation (custom) I set the folder to Programs(x86), this seems to have done the job.

Side note, the first python pop-up told me that it failed to load a file from WW2_1939, interesting since this is an old mod for Warlords. Either way, thanks for creating this awsome mod, imho this mod is actually better than the game itself. =)

Sincerely,
Fanboy

Top Bottom