Gifting city with UN?

Is it possible to build the UN and then gift the city you built it to an AI that you want to be your rival (IE you are #1 popn)?

Is this a legit strategy? I recall a long time ago it used to be possible.

And can you rush the UN with a great engineer?

I have never tried it, but in my opinion it must work. Every other wonder and holy city you capture makes you the constructor/founder. If you capture the Apostolic Palace, you're automatically one of the candidates - that much I'm sure of. And you can use an engineer to rush it, but one might not be enough to finish it completely.

(I have captured the UN frequently enough, but never gifted it away.)

Is this a legit strategy? I recall a long time ago it used to be possible.

And can you rush the UN with a great engineer?
In theory it should be possible, but you'd have to content with the conditions for an AI accepting a city that late into the game. And yes, you can rush UN with a GE (which is another possible strategy: gifting an AI you want to build UN a GE and the tech to build/rush it).

In theory it should be possible, but you'd have to content with the conditions for an AI accepting a city that late into the game. And yes, you can rush UN with a GE (which is another possible strategy: gifting an AI you want to build UN a GE and the tech to build/rush it).
Is one method preferred over the other? How likely is it that the AI will build the UN straight away with the GE?

The city gift strategy is kinda all or nothing depending on whether you have a city that the target AI will accept, and that can actually build UN of course. The latter method I'm not sure, I would assume reasonably likely but I've seen the AI do some silly things with great people before.

Top Bottom