Gigantic map size

tebriz

Warlord
Does Gigantic map size makes sense taking into consideration that there is a 40-civilizations limit? And the number of total civilizations in game is around 50 anyway? It feels that this number of civilizations is not enough to fill the gigantic map... There are big empty spaces between civilizations...
What are your thoughts about it?

If you want to wait 10 minutes per turn in Medieval - Atomic era and get MAFs, then you can go with Gigantic and 40 civs.
Spaces are filled relatively fast with default amount of civs (after they reach Tribalism), you could play with barbarians too.

You could play on wetter settings - that is less land area on Gigantic map.

I am only in Ancient period and haven’t experienced long turn times yet... What if I play on Giant (not Gigantic) map size on default settings with map scripts like MoonGoose or World? Will it dramatically decrease my turn times?

I am only in Ancient period and haven’t experienced long turn times yet... What if I play on Giant (not Gigantic) map size on default settings with map scripts like MoonGoose or World? Will it dramatically decrease my turn times?
Well yes, it will be bit faster because there will be less AI, it takes a while to fill map with cities.

It feels that this number of civilizations is not enough to fill the gigantic map... There are big empty spaces between civilizations...
AI is smart enough to take every possible free land it can reach. Around renaissance era there would be no free land. I played on Pits gigantic earth map scenario with whole world colonized 600+ cities. But as raxo222 wrote it comes with price of long turn times and eventually with MAF.

Top Bottom