Gilgamesh - Creative......Why?

Dennis_Moore

Unholy Roman
Protective makes sense, with the walls of Uruk and all.

But creative, just because people wrote an epic about him? As far as I can tell stories about him never mentions that he would have been a patron of the arts.

So what's a good trait for him?

I think it is not only his traits but also the traits of the civilization during his reign. Since the epic about him is one of the earliset written stories and considering the influence Sumerian culture has had on that area of the world afterwards I think it makes sense.

I don't know, wasn't he kind of creative when he killed the demon after pansying out and then taking all the credit for it? :lol:

It's been a long time since I read that and I don't remember all of it. There might be a better reason for him being creative. Maybe it was just to use the trait combo.

Yeah I think you have to realise if everyone was assinged the right traits, there would be many many duplicates cause so many of the same qualities have been needed to build an empire. Almost every leader in Civ could be described as Aggressive, or industrious, or charismatic, but you have to limit it or else there will be so many same types.

Yeah I think you have to realise if everyone was assinged the right traits, there would be many many duplicates cause so many of the same qualities have been needed to build an empire. Almost every leader in Civ could be described as Aggressive, or industrious, or charismatic, but you have to limit it or else there will be so many same types.

Yeah but for some reason I think at least 25% of the forum would be happy with a whole ton of leaders that were aggressive/imperialistic aggressive/protective aggressive/charismatic etc ad nauseum :crazyeye: Some of them have a sense of historical accuracy that overpowers their sense of game play, others simply have no sense for game play ;)

I know what you mean about the aul warmongers, but that said, you dont hear of many people playing as Tokugarawa

Well the Sumerians are one of the earliest civiisations and they're quite a creative people (first epic stories, poems, musical instruments, architectures such as ziggurats etc). So creative is appropriate for Gilgamesh being leader of the Sumerians.

Because there was no other leader with those traits! :D

Ascribing reasoning behind leader's trait selection is best left to the imagination.

The *earliest* "civilisation" we know of.

Maybe it was just to use the trait combo.

Probably, well I suppose the thing is that I want Gilgamesh to be "teh roxxor" (if that is the correct expression). Creative is just boring in my opinion.

Of course I can always edit the xml file myself, but once you start messing aruond...........

Top Bottom