• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Give the naval anti aircraft fire!!!

John Falkner

Knight of the Round Table
Without aircraft carriers, ships are complete unprotected.

yeah i made a similar point in an earlier thread- maybe instead of becoming damaged they can inflict damage on an aircraft. I don't think they should slug it out in one to one combat though

yeah i agree like the UN!

Yes, i also think it must be weaker than the Sam´s, but the AA should often damage a plane. Maybe we can change this in the editor of Conquest ;).

I think some sort of moveable AAA guns for the ground are useful too. Such as the german "Gepard" or the russian "ZSU-23"

Good idea. Another point would be to have different effects depending on what type of aircraft is attacking. If you're getting hit by WWII fighters, battleships and destroyers should be able to hit them with AA fire, but only modern units like the AEGIS should be able to defend against hi tech jets and stealth aircraft. This might take a bit of oomph away from battleships (they have too much power anyway). We may need more ships for this - a WWII class carrier vs modern carrier, to reflect the modern carrier's ability to defend against jets with its own jet fighters, etc.

I've tried making a AAA city improvement with (roughly) half the value of a SAM, that was available with Replaceable parts.

Then I remembered something extremely important:

I had NO IDEA what the Hell I was doing.

I wish someone that DID know would get the same idea.

Later!

--The Clown to the Left

lol- i know the feeling! If someone could introduce this it would be good though- as aircraft are far too powerful in Civ 3 and PTW

Top Bottom