Global Warming is Stuck in the Ice

Berzerker

Deity
I'm sure you've heard about a group of scientists stuck in ice down in Antarctica, apparently this has become a source of amusement for people skeptical of global warming predictions. And I gotta admit, it is :lol:

But Michael "Hockey Stick" Mann added to the hilarity tonight on MSNBC Chris Hayes Show. He chastised the critics for not understanding Antarctica and its surrounding waters are really cold and followed that up by explaining how a ship could get stuck in ice... during summer. Warmer sea and air temperatures can produce more ice around Antarctica.

:confused:

Haha look at that idiot Michael Mann for knowing science stuff

Except he doesn't. Dendrochronology is not accepted as an accurate proxy for weather, since all the world knows, tree rings are determined by many factors, not just temperature.

Haha look at that idiot Michael Mann for knowing science stuff

Within 1-2 minutes he told us in a condescending tone they got stuck because its really cold and when Chris Hayes later mentioned its summer down there he said warmer seas and air can do that. Now if that makes sense to you, feel free to explain it to me. What he said is funny but I didn't call him anything, so please dont speak for me. Thx

Within 1-2 minutes he told us in a condescending tone they got stuck because its really cold and when Chris Hayes later mentioned its summer down there he said warmer seas and air can do that. Now if that makes sense to you, feel free to explain it to me. What he said is funny but I didn't call him anything, so please dont speak for me. Thx

I thought every one knew that hot water freezes faster than cold water? I don't think that it is called global warming though.

No, everybody doesn't know that. And it continues to be highly controversial under what conditions it supposedly happens and why if it actually does occur.

The Mpemba effect, named after Erasto Mpemba, is the assertion that, in some circumstances, warmer water can freeze faster than colder water. Although there is anecdotal support for the effect, there is no agreement on exactly what the effect is and under what circumstances it occurs. There have been reports of similar phenomena since ancient times, although with insufficient detail for the claims to be replicated.

It was obviously replicated, there is a ship that is frozen in place to prove it.

The sea didn't actually freeze around the ship. The wind blew ice packs around the ship.

Though warmists have been saying for years those ice packs don't exist as they all melted when we warmed the earth. ;)

Of course we have a negative impact on conditions that support our existence. We dig stuff up and spray stuff all over. The real question is if we cause some adverse effect the earth would not experience without us, and the obvious answer is "no". All of this potential exists on earth already for us to use it on earth.

Are we accelerating our own demise? I don't really feel there's any way to substantially prove that one way or the other. Personally, I'm more concerned fracking will cause greater damage ultimately, accelerating shifts in seismic activity.

Also, people who are from the understanding global warming cannot cause disproportionate cooling in regions at times are misinformed. Being misinformed about misinformation is a bit of a moot point anyway, though, and I personally feel it's just a big circle jerk.

edit: Are you aware the USA's foremost authority on Global Warming is going to prison for defrauding his office? He had people convinced for 10 years he was a closet CIA agent.

Yet America is facing one of it's coldest winters. Local weather does not equal global climate.

In spite of that, the world has produced a record wheat crop, when we were told it would be falling due to warmer weather. In fact here in WA, in spite of a poor winter rain, due to a warm and wet spring, we had a record wheat crop, when normally low winter rainfall would spell doom. We have been constantly told warmer weather equals doom and gloom and yet due to warmer weather we are getting greater food production than ever before. Happier times are here due to warmer weather.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-23/record-global-wheat-crop/5173324

Hmm, well from personal perspective, being in close contact with farmers who rent my land, I can pretty much assure you bumper crops in grains in this age have more to do with science and hybrids than weather. Sure, fields can be ruined by drought and temperature, but we make up for that pretty easily with mandated maintenance and proper use of chemicals.

Hmm, well from personal perspective, being in close contact with farmers who rent my land, I can pretty much assure you bumper crops in grains in this age have more to do with science and hybrids than weather. Sure, fields can be ruined by drought and temperature, but we make up for that pretty easily with mandated maintenance and proper use of chemicals.

I'll PM Farm Boy with a link to this as I'd rather have him weigh in than just take the word of someone who isn't actually, you know, really in the know.

I'll PM Farm Boy with a link to this as I'd rather have him weigh in than just take the word of someone who isn't actually, you know, really in the know.

Quite honestly, bhsup, I hope you do that with everything I say. I'd hate to think I'm chiming to a bunch of lemmings.

Top Bottom