GnK Luxury resources help

ponky_tok

Chieftain
Hello everyone, i have a problem with my civ 5 game which is the luxury resources from the GnK expansion such as salt,citrus,etc never appear in my game no matter how many times i restart the game. I usually play with everything on shuffle.
Is there any way to address this issue?
Thanks in advance.
P.s. Sorry I don't know if I should post it in the bug section or not

Do you have mods installed? Many do not play nice with BNW. Disable half your mods and see if the problem persists, and continue to divide until you know what mod is breaking the game.

Start the game, select "DLC" from the first menu you see and make sure BNW is enabled

If no mods, right click the game in steam, select "properties," select the "local files" tab, and click the "verify integrity of local cache" button.

yea i played with BNW installed.
And i just check in my installation folder where GnK expansion is put, and i open the resources folder, there stone xml there but no citrus,salt,etc xml file.
Could that be the source of my problem?

That doesn't make sense. BNW includes all of the resources introduced in G&K, and doesn't require that you own G&K, much less enable G&K.

In both expansions, the resource information is found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion [for G&K; Expansion2 for BNW]\Gameplay\XML\Terrain\CIV5Terrain.xml.

Are you saying that you've searched that file in both expansions and not found citrus, jewelry, etc.? If that's the case, you need to revalidate your files through Steam.

Try verifying your game cache. Go to steam, right click on Civilisation V, and select properties from the drop down. In the window the pops up, select the local files tab at the top, and the last button in the menu should be the one you are looking for.

I frequently found myself having to do this when I was buying the DLC packs, they wouldn't seem to take effect until after this.

Top Bottom