Gnomoria - NES

dot80

Emperor
I started a thread in the "Other Games" forum about a forum game centered around the Gnomoria game. I think that the second idea in particular fits the NES genre, and I think y'all would be good players in your creation of story to go along with the game. If this idea doesn't fit the NES forum please forgive my misunderstanding of the genre.

Here is a link to the thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=512860

Feel free to just respond here. I have a feeling that I will end up moving it here either way.

Well, I'm going to run with the second idea as it is more relevant to this forum (and I'm finding it more interesting). At the beginning you start with 9 gnomes (I think). One for me and eight for the rest of you all (as more gnomes join we could allow more players or multiple characters). You will be able to choose which one you want and what your name is. After that we will start roleplaying. At the beginning we would make a plan for a way of governance (town council? mayor? king?) and what our first plans are. Then you would each give your orders for the day(both in character and in a spoiler tab underneath out).

Orders for this game would be basically you describing what your gnome has done for that day. So the each update will just be me doing in the game what y'all said you did in your orders and role play retroactively. Obviously its not fun to roleplay "I cut down trees all day," so the roleplay could be more focused on the story while just slipping in here or there "After finishing the day's work he..." and just telling me later in your orders what the days work actually was.

I have a few story archs in mind I can push the game towards, or we could just wing it. I think once everyone starts thinking of the possibilities the game could really take off. (Family feuds, political intrigue, religious persecution, despotic monument building, ect).

Top Bottom