Going Machiavelli on Monty.

Cutlass

The Man Who Wasn't There.
So the Spanish were getting all the good political founding fathers and I wanted to take them down a notch. And I figured it was a good way to raid them for expert colonists that I could use and my privateers showed no garrisons.

I took 2 ships and landed a big force and captured their capital with out much fuss, but somehow that seemed to have kicked off their WoI. I took 3/4 of their settlements, and sent the people off to my territory and stole supplies.

Then I had a problem, I had 3 settlements I didn't want and couldn't abandon. So I stripped them down to the least valuable colonist and pulled my army out and declared war on the nearest tribe.

Monty cam in and burned the settlements, and then I advanced on Monty with my army and burned him out, for 3 native converts and treasures for no loss to my own forces.

Total losses on my side, 1 privateer that the Spanish Armada caught trying to clear the area with a stolen cargo.

So the AI was willing to declare a WoI while smultaneously at war with you? Does that strike anyone as a :smoke: move?

Did you fight alongside the Spanish REF?

Haha, I hope I get to see another nation fight their WOI in front of me. The AI always has a few statesmen running right from the start of the game, so I wouldn't be too worried about them actually winning, and I would do anything to see 500 regulars storm across the map just to kill my foe. How does their king feel about you? You are after all fighting alongside each other. Also, After the king finished the spanish does he go home? It would be really funny if you declared WOI with the spanish king's Man-O-Wars still all over the coast. Maybe it would start the Great Man-O-War wars.

Top Bottom