golden age policy bug in future era

botelea

Chieftain
game version: 1.0.5.11(516180)
So I'm playing with Tamar and it's all good until I reach future era (I get it on golden age) but after I put one golden age policies in one of the wildcard slots of my government, I apply, all seems well until before the end of turn when I get the message "a policy in your government has grown obsolete and needs to be replaced". I go to the government screen and my golden age policy is missing from the wildcard slot and I cannot select another policy from the available ones.
I tried changing governments but it doesn't help.
The only workaround I found was to load the game before I selected the golden age policy (in the future era) and put instead normal policies like wildcard, diplomatic, economic or military and the game works fine.
In previous eras(also golden ages) I used the golden age policies without having any issues.
The game was created having these two game modes selected - secret societies and dramatic ages.
Any ideas?
bandicam 2020-11-03 00-09-05-569.jpg
bandicam 2020-11-03 00-07-47-084.jpg

My Goodness, I found someone else who also suffers from this! :( Yes, I have the same problem, but in a much earlier era (Renaissance, I think?) Tamar, Dramatic Ages. I can't slot Monumentality anymore, it doesn't let me proceed to the next turn, tells me a Policy is obsolete. It's infuriating, I got so much to buy with Monu if I could :mad:

Save is attached (hopefully; I'm not sure I know how this works). Hopefully someone can help us, I can't really continue this game if I can't use any Golden Policies :cry:

(EDIT) Game is newest version.

Just tested: I could slot a different Golden Policy and it let me continue to the next turn fine! It's specifically Monumentality that's broken, the only one I can't go on playing without, that's beyond cruel. I can force the turn to end, but Monu never stays slotted in.

Any help would be very appreciated.

(EDIT 2) Yup, gonna keep screaming into the quiet void, just in case anyone might ever read this; no one on the Internet seems to have this game-breaking bug apart from me and the thread-starter. No one else play Tamar in Dramatic Ages for the achievements!? Well, not gonna touch either the civ or Game Mode ever again, tell you that for a fact.

Update on the game: Monumentality remained unusable until it naturally went away with the Industrial Era. Lost out on dozens of potential Workers, hated it. Entire Industrial Era went fine! All Golden and Dark Age Policies were usable! :eek:

Then... just entered Modern Era. Game remembered it hadn't screwed me in a while, so now (new Save attached) it's Culture Industry that's broken and can't stay slotted in anymore... AGAIN the ONE Policy I friggin' love, and nope, it's gone. (To Arms! works, as far as I could see)

(EDIT 3) Ah, nice. The other two Policies that I had hoped would work are ALSO gone. Soft Targets (which would really help in my upcoming huge wars) and Heartbeat of Steam. Collectivism randomly works.

Hate this. :cringe:

Attachments

• TAMAR 417 580 AD (BUG).Civ6Save
    2.9 MB · Views: 30
  • TAMAR 601 1410 AD (BUG MODERN).Civ6Save
    3.5 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Top Bottom