Good civ for wide tourism

MantaRevan

Emperor
My last game I played a pretty tall civ just to test the emperor waters, but now I'm wanting to go wide for a tourism victory. Are there any civs(other than France, I just played them a few weeks ago) who are particularly good at the wide/faith/culture game?

Brazil is good for both culture and tourism, the Celts are good for faith

Any Civ who was good at wide/city spam can handle wide tourism. Just get a religion and take two faith buildings + piety policy which gives 2 tourism per building purchased with faith. I did this with Spain recently (found a natural wonder and took the +faith from natural wonder pantheon) and spammed cities like crazy. Won around turn 290. Very effective spin on the ICS strategy. :) Credit goes to someone else on this forum, sorry I don't remember their name!

I think Polynesia will be pretty strong for it. Firstly you have Moai whose culture will be converted to a lot of tourism late in the game. Secondly you are more likely to found World Congress due to earlier exploration than most other civs, that will give you an extra edge in controlling the flow of the game.

Any civ with a culture UI will rock going wide thanks to hotels and airports. So that's, France, Polynesia and Brazil.

Separately, thanks to their extra belief, Byzantium can take up to three religious buildings and the reformation belief that adds tourism to those buildings.

The Maya, Celts or Ethiopia can mass faith, allowing the purchase of great people and religious buildings.

India exists.

Rome is always good wide. With Brave New World they can compete in culture. Just getting through aesthetics quickly may be a bit of a problem.

Byzanite is god like if you get 3 religous buildings, the ref bel the +2 tourisim every building. Just build as many citys as you can and look at your tourisim BOOM.
I playd a game on king and it was too easy, i was makeing about 200 b4 rene era o.O
I never got to internet or airports as i won, i did manage to build a few holtels :D
But yeah, give that a go ;)

If you don't mind playing on small continents or archipelago, Indonesia is a great pick. Extra luxuries help you going wide, create coastal trade hubs with candis to civs of different religions for huge faith generation.

I also won a wide game as poland, and honestly while they have no inherent bonuses to tourism, all their other bonuses are so beastly it doesnt matter. Those free SP's let you climb the tress really fast, you can easily use the extra 5-6 policies youre getting to completely fill out exploration or aesthetics long before anyone else will. Or, fly through rationalism fast as you can and out tech everyone to internet. Plus extra gold and production on every stable in addition to your UU, need i say more?

Top Bottom