Good tradition civs

greenfieldpark

Warlord
I feel compelled to attempt some tradition games. After so much warmongering my thirst for blood has been satiated and want to live out a more peaceful and cultured existence.

With that in mind. Who do you think are some strong tradition minded civs that will make for an easier game?

Austria is, in my opinion, both a strong and fun Civ to play. Although I mostly play Progress (more money earlier), it is perfectly viable as tradition and you will get absurd amount of GPP once you start allying couples CSs.

Austria is, in my opinion, both a strong and fun Civ to play. Although I mostly play Progress (more money earlier), it is perfectly viable as tradition and you will get absurd amount of GPP once you start allying couples CSs.
Agreed. I played them as progress and they were crazy strong but onviously a top contender for tradition.

Something I've not done in a very long time is Celts with Ogma pantheon (there is also Nuada for a strange trade route strategy).
I agree with Stalker though, Arabia is the craziest one.

Indeed Arabia, my only deity win with tradition so far ... well also Venice with tech trade allowed but that felt like cheating :) Though Arabia works fine with progress too, while tradition feels so hard to justify for most civs. I'm trying Korea which looks very trad-friendly too (but I lose so much I just want to go authority with their UU, UA be damned).

In terms of fun, on Immortal and below I really love tradition Byzantium with Ceremonial-based combos.

Top Bottom