Google Earth Civilization 2.0.0 coming soon

Three weeks ago we had a medical emergency, I won't go into details, but the surgery that followed led to the family, including myself, to be a constant aid to our mother who had until last week no ability to use her right foot. Now that we all can relax as mum's recovering well, I most certainly haven't forgotten GoogleCiv and am now continuing the effort to submit more layers. In fact, as a thank you to everyone's patience, or possibly forgetfulness :p, I have THREE new layers that have been waiting for my heroic return to the project, and one I chalked up just yesterday;

Google Civilization 2.0.7 - Sumerian Layer

Google Civilization 2.0.0 - Iroquois Layer

Google Civilization 2.0.6 - Korean Layer

Google Civilization 2.0.0 - Siamese Layer

That makes a total of FOUR newly released layers, as well as the release of Google Civilization 2.0.6 - the Korean Layer. Woot! and such.
:beer::beer:
Beer for everyone! I'd also like to say thank you to everyone who have waited patiently for me to return to this. I'm ready to get back into the thick of it.

I'm glad to hear your mother's recovery is going well, and welcome back to GoogleCiv! I can finally stop checking your profile every hour to see if it's been updated without a post. :D

Some :health: for your mother :).

Interesting. Thought that the expansion of Siam had territory-wise more in common with the Khmer. Means I'm surprised not to see Angkor Wat in that layer, but wiki ensures that it's not really in that territory.
Also interesting to see that Korea never really had a big expansion. I thought they had gone conquering a bit at some point, but I must have been mistaken :think:. EDIT: Guess I remember that civil war incorrectly, therefore the conquering associations in my mind.

Yay, my first stalker! :goodjob: Kidding.
---
Thanks, she eats 3 :food: a day and keeps giving us a :yuck: face.
:D

Yea, Siam was a bit of a rival to Khmer, but the expansion never really mirrored the empire. The Angkor Wat will be part of the later Khmer layer. And yea, Korea never really went anywhere.
---
At some point in the future I'm going to trial the use of in-game PNGs for the current icons. With any luck I'll grab a hold of images from Civilization III, IV and V to implement for capital cities, wonders and projects, and flags for the territorial tag.
I'll need a bit of help in how to access and possibly editing them but in the meantime I can get started with Civ5 PNG images.

I was able to do it before, just not sure if they will transmit over the net. Essentially one adds new icons into the selection panel when one opens the properties of any label for a layer. IIRC PNG files are the ones to use, just click Add a New Icon and select the one you want. :)

Ah, 'kay, see it.
Takes urls, so I guess this should transfer.
But the images are not rescaled, so if you use rather big ones, then it will probably clutter the screen, so I guess smaller ones are needed...mmhh...don't think we have smaller versions for the civ icons :/...wait...think it can be defined as HTML, so that should allow rescaling...ah....whatever, I guess you know what you're doing :D.
And :goodjob:, had really not that this was possible.

Heh, all good. For the moment GoogleCiv is on the backburner as well as preparing for the next expansion. Right now I can't upload anything due to the net being blown for the month, also the remaining layers and polygons are likely to take longer than to notmal week to complete due to their size.

Once all the layers are complete I'll put them all in an all-in-one download, right now that's not the case yet.

Hey. There are new civilizations for the upcoming BNW expansion. I think you have a lot of work in your hands.... :S

Hey. There are new civilizations for the upcoming BNW expansion. I think you have a lot of work in your hands.... :S

I'll say;

Google Civlization 2.2 - Science Victory!

Despite my absence I've recently been working on resuming the task, with Portugal and the Zulu in BNW the polygons on the old layers are being worked on right now as well as others- which I...won't tell you...just now...
>>
<<
>>
There's also another update to tie into the info updates that will come in light of BNW I'm very excited to try out. Who wants to beta test a new layer? :D Keep it to yourselves now you hear?

Oh, yes, of course. And add some updates to the OP. Thanks.

Just a reminder that I'm looking for anyone to help me test out a layer for the next update I have in store. Just give me a reply or PM and I'll send you a layer as part of the next big update.

Nice work but why did you use Arabic alphabet to Hittites? they weren't Semitic, they didn't rule in Semitic region. you may use Turkish, since most of Hittite cities have Turkish names.

and before some of you say, yes, I know Hittites weren't Turkish.

Nice work but why did you use Arabic alphabet to Hittites? they weren't Semitic, they didn't rule in Semitic region. you may use Turkish, since most of Hittite cities have Turkish names.

and before some of you say, yes, I know Hittites weren't Turkish.

I'll keep that in mind and update the file image, originally I was going for the original Hittite but I couldn't find a good translator, and because my knowledge of the Hittites is terribly limited Arabic was just the first one I went for. Sorry about that. ^^;

ales_ said:
Why can't you just release it?

It's an attempt to introduce the Civ5 icon art and it seems better to ensure that the pngs will appear to other users. That and the fact that this will also coincide with new and updated content for Brave New World.

Top Bottom