Got an unusual problem

FlagrantPilgrim

Chieftain
Ok, so I'm trying to play civ with a few mods. SuperPower complete, IGE and R.E.D. are the only big things, and all three should be compatible. I have a some smaller mods that shouldn't be affecting anything that the three big mods deal with: a few new wonders, the IMF World Congress resolution, and the mod that makes the City States' windows give more details. So here's my problem: I've started three games using these mods made it to around the Renaissance period on all of them, up to around 175-200 turns, with no problems. Once I start getting to the good part, Civ refuses to load the saves anymore. I'm usually able to load these game up until that 175-200 turn range. After that the game just closes when I click load. It doesn't crash as far as I can tell, just closes. I looked for a crash log, but no crash logs have been created since I started using this particular mod setup.

So, any ideas? I know that problems are to be expected when using a bunch of mods together, but this is weird. I can get far enough into a game using these mods to get really invested, then I just can't load them anymore. I don't have any issues while playing with the mods either. No crashes, not even any framerate drops, just an inability to load after a certain point.

I have looked all over for people with similar issues, but all I can find are people that experienced crashes. Probably sounding like a broken record by now, but I am not experiencing crashes. The game just closes. If the game is crashing, no documentation of the crash is being created. I checked the Civ V directory and found multiple crash logs, but they all date back at least a month.

I have tried every fix I can find related to saves, but none have worked. I am running Windows 10, but I was exeriencing this problem before I updated, on Windows 8.1.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sorry for not coming with an answer but yet another question; is there a crashlog??? Where can I find it??

Top Bottom