[Vanilla] GOTM 133 Final spoiler - game complete

neilmeister

Lentils have feelings too
GOTM Staff
GOTM 133 - KK

A total copy'n'paste job from the BOTM spoiler....

Don't tell me you were still using keshiks after 1AD :mischief: What happened?

Reading Requirements

Stop! If you are participating in BOTM 163 then you MUST NOT read this thread unless
  • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
  • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games.

Don't tell me you were still using keshiks after 1AD :mischief: What happened?
Keshik were sort of useful until the end. I had initially planned to go space but defaulted to domination, I was a bit underwhelmed by my tech rate. Got there in 1440 with a mix of knights and keshiks. Left the Incans alone, besides them the only other AI left alive, though barely, were the Aztecs. Running over -100 gpt at the end at 0% science, conquest cash keeping me afloat. Thanks for the game.

Never researched passed Monarchy, Math, and Alpha (plus Calendar at the very end). Military went AWOL a couple of times in understandable protest to lack of pay. Killed them all with Keshiks and a few axes (no cats) around 900AD.

Disappointed at the lack of participation. Really appreciate your effort to provide another Civ IV game, neil. Hope it's not the last.

I had no keshiks at all, I had weak technology this time, even no BW, but got gold medal anyway. Quite weird game, I had only warriors and chariots. Expanding empire by conquest caused high city maintenance, and war weariness made need for many warriors in cities which caused high unit maintenance. Those things combined made economic crisis and my empire bankrupted. Army went on strike and many units were disbanded, which slowed my conquest. Although I played quite well, I made at least one notable mistake. I attacked the last two eastern opponents (Greece and Rome) at the same time, because I had many chariots near both of them, thinking I must crush them before they become stronger. If I attacked them one by one, I would have avoided accumulating so much war weariness at the same time, which would make things easier.

Top Bottom