GOTM 200

Ali Ardavan

Mathematician
Retired Moderator
With apologies for the delay, I wanted to make sure we play on a very special map as most of the people who commented on the "Planning GOTM 200" thread asked for.

We will be playing as Eskimos on a specially designed map. Our homeland will be a small patch of ice (Glacier) 2 tiles wide near the south pole. There are 9 homogeneous islands (meaning the entire island's land mass is one terrain type) nearby each having a different terrain type. None of the 10 islands will be within trireme reach of another island. However, since we are hugging the south pole and the world is round you can hug the pole and reach the other 3 islands that are within trireme reach of the south pole.

The rivals start near the north pole and each have their own mid sized island. Nearby there is a huge continent with plenty of fertile land.

I still have a little bit of work left to do before posting the game. Stay tuned.

Comments are welcome.

Game of the Month 200 (March and April 2018)

Civilization: 2 Eskimo (Chinese) settlers
Starting tech: none
Difficulty: Deity
Total players: 7
Restarts: on
Barbarians: Villages (-50)
42x238 custom known map.. As always, known map means you are encouraged to open the starting save in the map editor and refer to it any time you need to.

Spoiler Description of the map :

There are six mid sized islands near the north pole home to Romans, Zulu, French, Spanish, English, and Mongols. These civs are chosen to be Expansionist first, then Aggressive, and finally a mix of Militaristic and Civilized. Each island is big enough for 5-6 full size cities. All starting positions are 3 or 4 specials. The islands are within Trireme distance of a huge continent just south of them that spans the width of the world and has plenty of fertile land.

There are 10 homogeneous (that is all the tiles are one type) islands near the south pole each having a different terrain type. The smallest one is 2x6, made of Glacier, and home to the human Eskimo player (Chinese). The islands get progressively wider and shorter in height: Glacier 2x6, Mountain 3x6, Hill 4x6, Tundra 5x6, Jungle 6x5, Swamp 7x5, Forest 8x5, Desert 9x5, Plains 10x4, Grassland 11x3. All islands have at least one of each special for their terrain. None of these islands are trireme reachable from any other one. But the first four are close to the south pole and hence can be reached by hugging the pole.

There is a huge ocean north of these islands and south of the huge continent that is bare other than 2 small islands just south of the continent.

Special rule: You get to choose the best of 5 outcomes for your first hut. Each time save after you tip the hut. Then choose the best of the 5 saves and move on.

Deadline: June 5 July 10, 2018

Please be sure to follow the submission guidelines when submitting your game (please do not send your files in a .zip file. Attach them directly to your e-mail with your name in the save file). No extra save is needed.

Please send the saved games only to civ2gotm@gmail.com.

Have fun.

Attachments

• GOTM_200.png
    GOTM_200.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 374
  • GOTM_200.sav
    145.7 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Please let us know by posting here once you are committed to playing. Thanks.
I, of course, am but I have not finished 198 yet so it will be a while before I get started.

Started today!
(And played until monarchy, and that came really late this time)

Glad to see the participation in the spoiler thread. Just extended the deadline to July 10th. For those of you who wished to play but did not, there is still time.

Thanks for the extension. I can't get back to the game until June 1, but I will try to finish then.

Top Bottom